• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which is harder to get into? The reserves or full time?

Juniorz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello I would like to join the army. I want to first join the reserves to get a sense of what it's like before going fulltime, but at the same time I am confident I will eventually join the army full time. I am wondering which is harder to get into, and should I just apply to the regular forces instead of reserves?

Also another question  ; what if someone lives alone and he gets deployed, what do they usually do with all their stuff and the apartment they were renting etc.? also they had no one to leave it with.

Just a idea it took me 1-1/2 years to join the Reserves. It then took me 1-1/2 years to join the Reg Force. The time it takes varies for everyone though (I have met people who got in 3 months).

If Regular Force is what you want to do go Regular Force. Personally having been Reg Force and Reserve Force I prefer being a Reservist but that's just me.

If you get deployed (not likely for the next while with the Army) people will sometimes rent storage lockers or have buddies look after the place etc. Basically its your responsibility to have it dealt with.

Back