• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what happens with personal firearms

• Thread starter Thread starter pte anthony
  • Start date Start date
P

pte anthony

Ok I hunt and own a rifle and a shotgun I am going reg forces and will have to live in shacks and eventually try for PMQ my question is directed at hunters and those knowledgable in this area. WHAT HAPPENS IF I WANT TO BRING THE FIREARMS UP AFTER I SORT MYSELF AND COURSES OUT, AM I ALLOWED, WHERE CAN THEY BE KEPT ETC... I will appreciate any help on this subject Thank You. :soldier:

Originally posted by Monger:
[qb] Ok I hunt and own a rifle and a shotgun I am going reg forces and will have to live in shacks and eventually try for PMQ my question is directed at hunters and those knowledgable in this area. WHAT HAPPENS IF I WANT TO BRING THE FIREARMS UP AFTER I SORT MYSELF AND COURSES OUT, AM I ALLOWED, WHERE CAN THEY BE KEPT ETC... I will appreciate any help on this subject Thank You. :soldier: [/qb]
Make sure all your documentation is complete and correct for your firearms. Make sure you have the proper documents to transport them. When you are done your basic and get posted to a unit, then you can see about getting your weapons. If you live in the shacks, then you have to register them with the Base and Unit MPs and secure them in the Unit Wpns lockup. You will have to sign them out and in through the unit MPs. You may be required to do the same if you are single and live in a PMQ, but the Base MPs will be able to clarify that. If you live on the economy or buy a house, the same rules would apply as any other civilian gun owner.

GW

You have to register them with the MPs if you live on base.In a PMQ you do not have to sign them out.If you live in the shacks you have to arrange with your unit CQ to get them out when you want to take them out.In a PMQ you are not allowed any reloading gear or powder but loaded rounds are allowed.In the shacks you cannot have either ammunition or reloading supplies.You best bet would be to store them off base at a trusted friend‘s house provided he/she/it is properly liscenced for the type of firearms to be stored.Ultimately if you own firearms your best bet is to get the heck off base ASAP.I have seen way to many instances of personal firearms being handled/screwed with by bored CQ types while in the unit lock ups.

mg34 were you in london when the cq burnt,if so did the guys get reimbersed for there pers wpns by dnd or personnel insuranse.i remember there was quite a comotion over it.what a mess,that was just before we packed for petewahaha.we used to laugh about doin fire picket on an already burnt building.

DND assumes no responsibility for personal firearms stored on DND Property,which really sucks because they dictate that if you own firearms and live in the shacks you must store them in your CQ‘s lock up.Once again the best option is to store them off base.
So the guys in London were on their own.

Found this through the search function so here it goes.  When you join the forces does that change you perminent adress? Cause if not I guess it would be safe to leave my firearms back home.  Would I be correct in saything that?

- If the firearms are non-restricted, nothing says they have to be stored in your residence, as long as all legal details pertaining to their safe storage and possession are met.  Example, if you leave your .22 at a girlfriends house and people in that house have access to it and do not have a Firearms Licence, complications may arise. For Prohibited and Restricted Firearms, check the regulations:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm

- Try this site for the experience of others:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/index.php

Just a note here.  If you live on base (e.g. barracks) you will more than likely have to register them with the MPs.

Back