• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do you do?

muskrat89

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Something new.. I can‘t recall a similar thread - hopefully this isn‘t regurgitated. What does everyone do at their respective Unit? If a Reservist - what do you do at your unit, AND in civilian life? If retired, what did you do, and what do you do now?

For a Regiment that lacks soldiers and equipment, I have no set "job". Driver, Observer, Patrol Commander or 2IC. But, I am Armoured Driver / Gunner qualified from back in the day when we were Armoured.

I will probably and hopefully instructing in the fall.

Usually merely a rifleman though most likely guy to be part of Charlie team, lol.

I‘m a reservist, at my unit I‘m still in training.. (3 months, and I‘ll have my hook)
In civvie life, I‘m studying Electrical Engineering..

I was TSM at my Unit, for several years, before I got out. Great job! Civvie life - I‘m a Millwright/Industrial Mech by trade. Am now a Facilities Manager at a metal stamping co. near Phoenix. That‘s the Maint Supv, safety director, security guy, environmental dude, etc. Pay is good, but sick of the Company. Hopefully my side jobs will eventually add up to a replacement job :p

In my militia days I was a ARTC qualified MCpl with the QYRang. I am now a student pilot in year four of flight training. Expected wings grad date = Feb 2004.

Nothing earthshaking; I work at a hospital in Calgary as a Clerical Assistant (okay, the actual term is "Secretary" - the other guys tease me, until I remind them that their job description is "Nurse" :D )

It‘s remarkably similar to what I do in the Reserves; company clerk. In both cases, I am the only one trained in administration, responsible for 100-150 employees.

But in the reserves, I also get to do the field stuff; driver-signaller for the OC; on occasion I do the low intensity rifleman stuff; patrols, defensive positions and of course I qualify Warrior like everyone else and on the C7 (up to Level II). Sometimes company piper, usually for charge parades. A man‘s a man for a‘ that, don‘t you know.... ;)

In my spare time, I work on military websites and writing/research, mainly WW II and Korean War topics. This does form part of my income, from a couple of published works that still draw royalties.

Just the same old grunt stuff.Driver track,wheel,some comms & then i got my sniper course & stayed in weapons det for 3 years.learned
T.O.W & 50,s.Did may jump course,& ranger in mid 80,s.
Now i am a purchaser for a tanker repair place.
Parts,parts & more parts.Never new how many parts
were on one of those things.Dealing with welders &
mechanics all day can be nutty.

Back