• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do armored use?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
What do armored regiments like the dragoons use for vehicles?
Do only recce troops use coyotes? What is the main type of vehicle used by the armored branch?
Overseas in bosnia would they just use the grizzlies (lav3s?) that are over there?

Armour Regt have Leo Tanks and 2 Sqns of Coyotes. And a HQ Sqn. The Tanks are all going out west this spring and staying. The Regts (RCD, 12RBC will be Recce Regts ) Strats will have 1 Tank Sqn and 2 Recce Sqns.
The only ones that use the Grizzly or Lav III is Assault Troop, SQN SSMs, RHQ.

Hummm, Okay thank you.
When i hear assault i don‘t really think of the grizzly but im out of my element. I really liked working with the Tanks in the combat team. Walking behind them on a cold day was priceless.

If the dragoons were in charge of a battle group in bosnia how would they conduct patrols? Would they just stick to vehicle patrols or would they ever dismount for foot patrols? I‘m curious because i figure a coyote has what, 3 or 4 crewmembers inside? That would make foot patrols pretty difficult i think considering the lack of manpower.
Also of the dragoons were running the battle group where would they get the manpower to man all the camps? Would they still bring over reg force infantry companies?

Bosnia has gone down, fromthe 800-1200 per btl group to about 500-800. There would be some fill ins ie for arty, anti armour, supply, transport and maybe a Inf Coy for HQ support. They only require 1 Recce Sqn now, so the other Sqns would be Inf Sqns (Coy) like (B Sqn) and a CSS Sqn (Recce Sqn) in 94-95. Foot ptls are no problem. A ptl can handle that, each Coyote has 4 pers. We did them with the old Cougar, with 3 pers.
Bosnia is S8&^ now, if they told me I was going I bring my PT gear and forget my C8. The last tour I did more time running and training, than I did working.
But I getting out, like we say. Getout while the goings good. I‘d stay if there was a good tour, maybe? Too many Dumb Dumbs.

Back