• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

went down there today

• Thread starter Thread starter smoky
  • Start date Start date
S

smoky

okay i went down to the CFRC today to check on my file i was told because they have sent the archives twice already by, april 3rd if they didnt hear back on my verification of former service they would go ahead with my enrolment testing medical etc etc, whats bugging me is say i do all that and they still havent received anything back from the archives do i still have to wait for the archives to send my papers before im off to basic, im beginning to think serving the reserves 6 years ago was a mistake, my buddy no prior service is already in and we both handed our papers in the same time...

VFS‘s slow down the application process and it‘s unfortunate. Your situation rarely happens, but it happens! What we do in our centre with a situation like yours is, if by the time that your application is complete and the VFS has still not been received, we would proceed as if you did not have any previous service.

Koach thanks for the nice reply i see a light at the end of the tunnel i see no need for the VFS im not asking for any equivalences i wanna start from sqaure one

There is still a need for a VFS and every attempt should be made to obtain one prior to enrolment.

Hi Koach, it seems like you‘ve been working recruiting lately, so I was gonna ask in terms of VFS, I read that in the past few years, if you were in the forces after 2001 or so that your record will be in a databse somewhere and it should be easier to obtain your VFS. Does this exist, cause Is till here ppl taking 6 months or more to get there VFS? Do you need a VFS if, hypothetically had service twenty yearrs ago, or what range of years since yo9u‘ve been out of the forces do you need a VFS?

I got out of the Reserves in ‘94 and my VFS was in the database. Perhaps it‘s because my last name starts with a ‘B‘? The CFRC had my VFS pretty much right away. Hopefully they‘ll get everyones‘ in before too long.

I was in the reg. force in 99. It has been a month since i handed my complete app in to the recruiting center for the reserves here in KINGSTON for PWOR. I guess patience is a virtue!!
lol

A VFS must be requested no matter how long ago the previous service took place.

must be requested..... but will they let you go on basic without it?

Back