• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WCB and Veterans affairs, pre existing injury

theoldyoungguy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After reading through VAC policies I haven't been able to find an answer to my question. I have a pension for a knee injury through VAC. I have re injured it at my current job. It has not resulted in me being off work yet(and hopefully it doesn't) but if I need to have surgery for repair that will mean I will be on WCB temporarily until I recover. Would this effect previously paid VAC disability pension at all? I would obviously tell WCB this was a pre existing condition, and I know they will cover me for the duration of surgery (if needed). I read through the WCB policies and all it means to them is because it was a pre existing condition they cover you until your able to return to work, they just won't pay any long term injury benefits, which is totally fine given VAC has helped me out for the initial injury. I'm just not sure how to go about dealing with VAC and WCB??? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I meet with the Dr. for a consult on my knee.

Thanks everyone

Back