• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Release, timeline concern

Oliver34

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, thank you for reading.

I returned my kit and signed the release paperwork for a 4(c) releasae in October 2008, and after contacting my unit yesturday to inquire about my release package as I haven't recieved it yet, I was told that they were unable to provide me with one because I'm technically not released as my paperwork is being audited somewhere outside the unit, Brigade HQ I think. Is this normal, as its been over a year since I signed the paperwork, returned my kit and stopped parading?

*NOTE: I did recieve a copy of my record of employment which says *released under QR&O 15.01 Item 4(c).

Unfortunately, it is normal.  There is a large back log of release files, at least in my brigade, and a lack of trained clerks to process them at the unit level.  Once the file does get to the brigade level, then it runs into the same issue.  Right now the priority for release is person who are CRA or CT as they will have immediate pension/pay ramifications. 

Your unit should have kept a copy of all the forms that were sent off to brigade for auditing, so if there is a specific form you are look for you could check with them for a copy. 

Back