• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Venezuela's foreign minister says Canada causing his country's collapse to 'take

shawn5o

Inactive
Reaction score
???

Venezuela's foreign minister says Canada causing his country's collapse to 'take control' of its wealth
'Canada has been in the centre of these events and this means that they want to create the conditions in order to attack Venezuela, to invade Venezuela'

Ryan Tumilty
Aug 21, 2020  •  Last Updated 20 hours ago  •  3 minute read

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/venezuelas-foreign-minister-says-canada-causing-his-countrys-collapse-to-take-control-of-its-wealth/wcm/929bf2ca-e31d-4cda-987e-224e9025fad8/

OTTAWA — Venezuela is staggering in the face of a years-long power struggle, food shortages, hyper-inflation and an exodus of its citizens.
The country’s foreign minister says, Blame Canada.

LINK

MilEME09 said:
They forgot one fact that eliminates the threat, we have no way to get any meaningful military force there.

Well, in that case, wholesome Canada can offer to host the conflict ... in Alberta ... in February.

Michael O'Leary said:
Well, in that case, wholesome Canada can offer to host the conflict ... in Alberta ... in February.

I feel like that's as bad as invading russia I'm winter. Have you been to Suffield in February? They will be begging for surrender within hours.

MilEME09 said:
I feel like that's as bad as invading russia I'm winter. Have you been to Suffield in February? They will be begging for surrender within hours.

If we schedule it right, we can do it on the university break using student Reservists and without putting too heavy a demand on the Reg Force.

shawn5o said:
???

Venezuela's foreign minister says Canada causing his country's collapse to 'take control' of its wealth
'Canada has been in the centre of these events and this means that they want to create the conditions in order to attack Venezuela, to invade Venezuela'

Ryan Tumilty
Aug 21, 2020  •  Last Updated 20 hours ago  •  3 minute read

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/venezuelas-foreign-minister-says-canada-causing-his-countrys-collapse-to-take-control-of-its-wealth/wcm/929bf2ca-e31d-4cda-987e-224e9025fad8/

OTTAWA — Venezuela is staggering in the face of a years-long power struggle, food shortages, hyper-inflation and an exodus of its citizens.
The country’s foreign minister says, Blame Canada.

LINK

A good topic for a meaningful discussion Shawn. Do you think that any Western powers are going to invade Venezuela in the future. I think that is prohibitive, due to Russia's and China's interests there, and that goes for Cuba too.

On a less serious note and more in tune with the comments here so far: Perhaps the US/Canada would be willing to trade off their interests in S.Korea for Russia's/China's interests in Venezuela.

Seriously, the US/China/Russia are all very aware of the Cold War atmosphere that is brewing. In that respect I'm suggesting that the 21st. century will see most small countries falling under the protection of large nuclear powers, as has been the case with Israel for many years now. Do you, as this pertains to Venezuela? I think that if that's not the case then the US would have whacked tiny Venezuela with a big stick by now.

Of course we are. At the rate we're spending we need alternate income streams.

Donald H said:
A good topic for a meaningful discussion Shawn. Do you think that any Western powers are going to invade Venezuela in the future. I think that is prohibitive, due to Russia's and China's interests there, and that goes for Cuba too.

On a less serious note and more in tune with the comments here so far: Perhaps the US/Canada would be willing to trade off their interests in S.Korea for Russia's/China's interests in Venezuela.

Seriously, the US/China/Russia are all very aware of the Cold War atmosphere that is brewing. In that respect I'm suggesting that the 21st. century will see most small countries falling under the protection of large nuclear powers, as has been the case with Israel for many years now. Do you, as this pertains to Venezuela? I think that if that's not the case then the US would have whacked tiny Venezuela with a big stick by now.

I don't know Don.

What I do know is that Venezuela is larger than Grenada  ;)

Michael O'Leary said:
If we schedule it right, we can do it on the university break using student Reservists and without putting too heavy a demand on the Reg Force.

Will there be a resultant medal?  SAVs? TAVs?

Send down a couple cruise ships and the rest of their navy will finish themselves off by ramming them (again).

Back