• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

I'm pretty sure PPCLI are the only unit wearing PPCLI badges.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Humorous
Reactions: ueo
OK, didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. Don't agree with units wearing both cloth shoulder flashes and the metal pin-on shoulder titles. Get rid of the metal pin-ons, more expensive to produce and the cloth shoulder flashes look better IMO.
I don’t think anyone does both. The metal titles look terrible, cost more, and break all the time. Plus it’s one less thing to polish.

I’m glad the RCR once again followed the PPCLI’s example.

Which retro we going with? Shoulder titles were used in various forms of service dress during WWI and WWII. WWII Battle Dress has the cloth unit identifiers on them, but Khaki Drill still had Shoulder Titles. The "Canada" thing shows up post Unification (most likely due to the RCAF and RCN having it on their pre-Unification uniforms) and has been retained even after shoulder titles were reintroduced with DEU. The fact the PPCLI and RCR have decided to move into the realm stupidity by duplicating both regimental flashes and shoulder titles is strictly for nostalgia and dick measuring.
nostalgia is another word for tradition.

The flashes aren’t duplicated, it’s the opposite. Two down to one. Incidentally the C in both regiments titles covers of Canada. Let regiments have their traditions, and unique dress. It’s part of what builds esprit de corps and cohesion. Frankly forcing everyone to do everything the same way all the time is what takes any kind of sense of “specialness” and belonging away from all our regiments and corps.

nostalgia is another word for tradition.

The flashes aren’t duplicated, it’s the opposite. Two down to one. Incidentally the C in both regiments titles covers of Canada. Let regiments have their traditions, and unique dress. It’s part of what builds esprit de corps and cohesion. Frankly forcing everyone to do everything the same way all the time is what takes any kind of sense of “specialness” and belonging away from all our regiments and corps.

Don't worry, no matter what, The RCR will always be Special.

I don’t think anyone does both. The metal titles look terrible, cost more, and break all the time. Plus it’s one less thing to polish.

I’m glad the RCR once again followed the PPCLI’s example.
How about cloth regimental shoulder titles and metal CANADA titles.

Are you suggesting that your dress unfirom doesn’t contain a bunch of pins and patches that identify you in some specific way?
It sure does. But if there was someone with the same rank, trade, and deployments, our uniforms (minus nametag of course) would look the same.

My original reply was a bit tongue-in-cheek towards the folks who hate HAIRFORGEN but don't bat an eye on Regimental/unit uniform modifications.

But anyways, back to topic, I have seen the new US Army uniforms in person. They're really sharp.

It sure does. But if there was someone with the same rank, trade, and deployments, our uniforms (minus nametag of course) would look the same.

My original reply was a bit tongue-in-cheek towards the folks who hate HAIRFORGEN but don't bat an eye on Regimental/unit uniform modifications.

But anyways, back to topic, I have seen the new US Army uniforms in person. They're really sharp.
New US Army uniform? How new? I will google it and see what I find.

Damn, mind the stupid wedge, I like the look of it. It almost pay homage to the WW2 uniform.

No, no, no .. everyone has berets, even the Yanks; they' so déclassé - we need something more traditional .. like brightly coloured field service caps:

Attachments

• british-army-royal-engineers-officers_360_1e404c3ddbf6145c6624c229a4c6d32d.jpg
    british-army-royal-engineers-officers_360_1e404c3ddbf6145c6624c229a4c6d32d.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
Back