• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Lord Black noticing the change in priorities

I have written here and elsewhere countless times before of the dangers of responding prematurely to alarmist concerns about climate change. Dr. Benny Peiser of the British Global Warming Policy Foundation spoke to the Friends of Science Society in Calgary earlier this month, warning that Europe’s extremist net zero carbon emission policies may get to Canada even though they are now running into extreme problems in Europe. The North American media has not much reported on the widespread and often violent farmer protests in Europe, which has caused every government that has been put to the test to scale back their aggressive climate change policies.

For a long time, it was a political free lunch: everybody loves the environment, and the climate change issue was very skillfully transformed by the left into an assault on the capitalist system from a new angle in the name of saving the planet. As long as the heavy costs of displacing fossil fuels by so-called renewable energy were carefully disguised and diffused, everybody could wallow in collective self-praise for doing the healthy and environmentally responsible thing.

Now, however, net zero policies are directly eating into the earnings and savings of the public and in most of Europe, the taxpayer rebellion is exploding, and the advantages of democracy are being reaffirmed as elected governments scamper to the rear, explaining that there has been a misunderstanding.

Indeed - A misunderstanding. A failure to communicate.

1714230173783.png

I’ve heard a few interviews with Coleman Hughes promoting his latest book The End of Race Politics: Arguments for a Colorblind America. Very illuminating stuff.

He is actually really well spoken, I’ve seen his interviews and by all accounts his book is a good roadmap to achieve colourblindness. His book is on my to read list for this summer.

Lord Black noticing the change in priorities

Indeed - A misunderstanding. A failure to communicate.

View attachment 84737

Indeed... the backlash started awhile ago it seems:

The global backlash against climate policies has begun​

Cost, convenience and conspiracy-mongering undercut support for greenery​

1714231551207.png

Indeed... the backlash started awhile ago it seems:

The global backlash against climate policies has begun​

Cost, convenience and conspiracy-mongering undercut support for greenery​

View attachment 84738

Unless I’m reading the graph backwards, doesn’t it mean aside from ROK, populations are agreeing more that climate change is a major threat?

Unless I’m reading the graph backwards, doesn’t it mean aside from ROK, populations are agreeing more that climate change is a major threat?
Yes. The Pew data aren't meant to support the headline. You'd have to read the article to understand what the writer(s) think indicates that a backlash is starting.

I might be stretching this a bit but Japan in the 18th? 19th? Century basically closed itself to trade and would only allow the Dutch in and they were restricted.
Canada by virtue of the red tape industry is doing the same.

Back