• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

topic closed

• Thread starter Thread starter Gorgon5000
  • Start date Start date
http://encarta.msn.com/media_461551015_461511150_-1_1/Canadian_Army_Uniforms.html

Hey Gorgon5000 that is a good idea,I have a 2 month old son and I am getting him baptised as well and would like to wear my formal uniform.I assume that you are going to do it after basic.How old is your son? And if anyone else has info on if we are able to wear the uniforms it would be great.

If your going in the reserves, you need to be trade qualified before you get you DEU (dress uniform).

I assume weddings fall under the same catagory...some guy mentioned he got married in his DU‘s, anyone know if thats kosher or not?

Yah Gorgon5000 it would be snazzy.I have a question for ya.I need to fill out a form for common law and I want to know how to go about it?Also do I need any I.D or anything from my son and the mom.Are you married or you just a single father?Cause maybe you wouldn‘t know LOL.

thanks brother. Oh and congrats on getting in.

RPCLI,

the document you need to complete to declare a common law relationship is called a Statutory Declaration. The clerk at your unit, or the CFRC, will have the document. It must be signed in front of a commissioned officer and it is through completion of that document that you declare that you meet the requirements for declaration of common law, i.e., that you have lived together for at least one year.

You will also need the birth certificates of your common law spouse and dependent children to have copies of them added to your file.

The regulation for declaring common law is found in Canadian Forces Administrative Order (CFAO) 19-41 -- COMMON-LAW RELATIONSHIPS

CFAO 19-41 -- COMMON-LAW RELATIONSHIPS

Note the conditions for recognition (paragraphs 2-7) and the format for requesting approval at Annex A. You will also note that periods of separation for duty such as training courses do not count against the requirement to live together for one year (para 5).

In order for you to wear your uniform off-duty to an event like a wedding or baptism, you must get permission from your commanding officer. The CF tends to frown on wearing uniforms to events such as political rallies, and certain religious services and other events that would show any support on behalf of the CF towards a particular group, as we are supposed to be impartial. Just send a memo up your chain of command asking to wear the uniform, date and time of the event, as well as the nature of the event. The worst they can say is no.

Back