• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

tomahawk axe

Would that be like boots wherein you get to claim the cost of making your own?

At the risk of, well, many things, I'm curious what would prompt the OP or any reasonable person to think that a professional army operating in the 21st century would employ the use of something like a tomahawk. What's next, morning stars, pikes and trebuchets?
I mean, as a tool for building a shelter, sure. As a weapon of war, easier to just shoot someone til they’re no longer a combatant. A hand holding a blade is a hand that’s not operating a gun.

personally, i don't like the low point on the SOG tactical tomahawks. you can hook but it doesnt have a pronounced low point that will inflict pain in the process.

it's the 21st century and you still train/use knives.

personally, i don't like the low point on the SOG tactical tomahawks. you can hook but it doesnt have a pronounced low point that will inflict pain in the process.

The army taught me to stick a bayonet on my rifle and jam it in someone; that’s as far as it ever went. If you’re concerned that your soldier may find themselves unable to use their rifle or MG, stick a pistol on their hip too and train them to use it. And sure, in a pinch they have that bayonet too. A tomahawk though? No, that’s just something taking up the weight and space for a couple more magazines or other much more useful kit.

Speak for yourself; my answers are awesome :)

Is your SOG the Fusion? That thing is a fucking razor.

Just cause....I need to post this lol

Always a favorite

Sounds like you're looking for a bearded axe.

Knives are just another tool and every tool has a purpose.

Attachments

• th (9).png
    th (9).png
    274.5 KB · Views: 2

At the risk of, well, many things, I'm curious what would prompt the OP or any reasonable person to think that a professional army operating in the 21st century would employ the use of something like a tomahawk. What's next, morning stars, pikes and trebuchets?
I'm not sure, worth a shot. Also would be a good adventure team training event; bashing tool grade carbon steel into shape is good PT.

I could see some kind of handaxe being a generally useful tool, but I don't think a tomahawk is necessarily the most practical for the kind of hatchet purposes. Do look cool though.

You laugh, but a buddy of mine has actually gotten a Tomahawk kill, no he’s not a SEAL (I know a few of those guys who carried them though). He used it primarily as a breaching tool though.

The bayonet serves zero purpose in this day and age with suppressors and MFAL’s etc on the carbine.

Frankly I prefer carrying a pistol to a large knife etc as I find it a tad more useful.

You laugh, but a buddy of mine has actually gotten a Tomahawk kill, no he’s not a SEAL (I know a few of those guys who carried them though). He used it primarily as a breaching tool though.

The bayonet serves zero purpose in this day and age with suppressors and MFAL’s etc on the carbine.

Frankly I prefer carrying a pistol to a large knife etc as I find it a tad more useful.
Hmmm
I googled.....I'm know I am just trolling you KevinB! :)

In 1982, the British Army mounted bayonet charges during the Falklands War, notably the 3rd Battalion, Parachute Regiment during the Battle of Mount Longdon and the 2nd Battalion, Scots Guards during the final assault of Mount Tumbledown.

In 1995, during the Siege of Sarajevo, French Marine infantrymen from the 3rd Marine Infantry Regiment carried out a bayonet charge against the Serbian forces at the Battle of Vrbanja bridge.[64] Actions led by the regiment allowed the United Nations blue helmets to exit from a passive position due to a first time engagement in hostile responses. Two fatalities resulted from this event with seventeen others wounded.

During the Second Gulf War and the war in Afghanistan, the British Army units mounted bayonet charges.[65] In 2004 in Iraq at the Battle of Danny Boy, the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders bayonet-charged mortar positions filled with over 100 Mahdi Army members. The ensuing hand-to-hand fighting resulted in an estimate of over 40 insurgents killed and 35 bodies collected (many floated down the river) and nine prisoners. Sergeant Brian Wood, of the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment, was awarded the Military Cross for his part in the battle.[66]

In 2009, Lieutenant James Adamson of the Royal Regiment of Scotland was awarded the Military Cross for a bayonet charge while on a tour of duty in Afghanistan: after shooting one Taliban fighter dead, Adamson had run out of ammunition when another enemy appeared. He immediately charged the second Taliban fighter and bayoneted him.[67] In September 2012, Lance Corporal Sean Jones of The Princess of Wales's Regiment was awarded the Military Cross for his role in a bayonet charge which took place in October 2011.[68][69]

I mean, as a tool for building a shelter, sure
Box tool. $19 at Lee Valley. I have one - it probably doesn't throw worth beans but I haven't tried. No belt clip available but it would look spiffy tucked under a Metis sash.

1666812865768.png

Box tool. $19 at Lee Valley. I have one - it probably doesn't throw worth beans but I haven't tried. No belt clip available but it would look spiffy tucked under a Metis sash.

View attachment 74463
There may be one or two... okay, five, of these in various locations about my property. Very handy and cheap as chips, just not very elegant.

Wonder how many are stashed under the driver's seat.
I have a SOG fasthawk under mine. But the intent is if I need to break my windows from the inside. I’ve been trapped in a car wreck and wrecked my fist getting out. Not keen on ever repeating that.

I have a SOG fasthawk under mine. But the intent is if I need to break my windows from the inside. I’ve been trapped in a car wreck and wrecked my fist getting out. Not keen on ever repeating that.

Not fancy, but a tire iron under the front seat gets the job done.

I used to have a little window punch you could carry on your key ring. Kept mine in the glove compartment.

Mine, I have never used it. Zombies….

Attachments

• 7DED79B8-C029-40B5-AFD6-7AC42E9FBE8B.jpeg
    7DED79B8-C029-40B5-AFD6-7AC42E9FBE8B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
There may be one or two... okay, five, of these in various locations about my property. Very handy and cheap as chips, just not very elegant.
I watch Walking dead and wonder why I never see one of these things. Lee Valley would be one of my stops to grab a dozen or so of them when the dead stop staying that way.

Back