• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time off after a sea deployment?

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
M

maple_leaf_forever

Since I dont know of an RCN Message Board Ima gonna post this here =)

I was wondering about how long Sailors get off after a deploment... I know deploments last approx. 3 Months, just wondering how long they get off till their next deploment (on average).

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the deployment. After a six monther, the ship will be home for at least a couple months before starting to conduct local area Ops again. If they are only gone out for a couple weeks there is a good chance they will be home for a weekend before heading out again.

It all depends on the Op Sched. I has been very very rare that ships do more than one long deployment per year.

I find that a normal rule of thumb is that for every month deployed, you usually get 2 business days off upon return. Being that our normal deployments last 6 months, you would end up getting 2 weeks off. Combined with your normal leave, most people will take an additional 2 weeks off as well for a total of a month.

This all depends on the requirements of the Navy. If the ship is required to turn around and go back out, then leave most likely won't be granted.

There is also pre-deployment leave that is usually granted so that sailors can get the affairs in order prior to going on lengthy trips.

Back