• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time Limit on prior service

hunterd

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone help me understand the Adm Instr 07/05 Component Transfer?  I served in the reserve force for 5 years, 3 1/2 of which was class B.  I transferred to the Supp Res in 1997 and re-enrolled ROTP in 2003.  Now my question is with regard to the instruction 07/05.  It states:

Adm Instr 07/05:  An individual who is an NCM in the Res F and who is accepted for subsidized education leading to a degree shall be transferred under the University Training Plan Non Commissioned Members (UTPNCM).

Since the instruction is being applied to all those in the program at the time the instruction was released, retroactive pay has been approved, this has been confirmed by CFRG.  But my question is since I was a member of the Supp Res when I re-enrolled, I was still "an NCM in the Res F" since the Reserve Force includes both PRes and Supp Res.  I have been denied because my break in service is over 5 years.  I really don't understand why, since I was never released. 

Any information would be very helpful.

hunterd said:
Can anyone help me understand the Adm Instr 07/05 Component Transfer?  I served in the reserve force for 5 years, 3 1/2 of which was class B.  I transferred to the Supp Res in 1997 and re-enrolled ROTP in 2003.  Now my question is with regard to the instruction 07/05.  It states:

Adm Instr 07/05:  An individual who is an NCM in the Res F and who is accepted for subsidized education leading to a degree shall be transferred under the University Training Plan Non Commissioned Members (UTPNCM).

Since the instruction is being applied to all those in the program at the time the instruction was released, retroactive pay has been approved, this has been confirmed by CFRG.  But my question is since I was a member of the Supp Res when I re-enrolled, I was still "an NCM in the Res F" since the Reserve Force includes both PRes and Supp Res.  I have been denied because my break in service is over 5 years.   I really don't understand why, since I was never released. 

Any information would be very helpful.

I believe the difference here is that you were not a member of the active reserve, the PRes, and therefore are not entitled.  who is an NCM in the Res F looks cut and dry to me.

Back