• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Those Who Have Fallen

Willing Foe

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a currently serving member who has put together a site to gather stories about people who have fallen in combat. I have put most of my effort into the people we have lost in Afghanistan though there is some on others, mostly VCs.
The purpose of this is to try to get to know those Soldiers from the people who new them best. I think those people are here. I am looking for comments on the site that I can use to make them more real for anyone who reads the site.
If you think my project is worth it please visit the site and help me tell their stories.
The site is http://www.willingfoe.blogspot.com/.
Thank you in advance.

Not to bad, I noticed you are missing the units to a few, I am sure if you search there names on here you can find that info, I know a few of them have been discussed on here

Willing Foe said:
I am a currently serving member who has put together a site.

With reference to the above, do you mean you are presently a Serving Member of our Armed Forces or of this Forum ?. As I couldn't help noticing that your Profile is blank.

Cheers.

FastEddy said:

With reference to the above, do you mean you are presently a Serving Member of our Armed Forces or of this Forum ?. As I couldn't help noticing that your Profile is blank.

Cheers.
I am a serving member of the CF - Navy, Marine Systems Engineer. This was my first post on this forum, though I have read through it several times. I spent most of 2001 in the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea: first enforcing UNSCR 942 Sanctions against Iraq (Jan-Jul) and then OP APOLLO Roto 0 (Oct-Mar 02) as part of the protective screen for two American Marine Carriers.
I feel a tie to the people who are fulfilling their duty over there and most of them are Army. This is why I felt that I wanted to make the people who have fallen more real. It seems that they are brought to Canadians simply as rhetoric and propaganda against the action in Afghanistan and they were and are much more.
I will complete my profile...df

Willing Foe said:
I am a serving member of the CF - Navy, Marine Systems Engineer. This was my first post on this forum, though I have read through it several times. I spent most of 2001 in the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea: first enforcing UNSCR 942 Sanctions against Iraq (Jan-Jul) and then OP APOLLO Roto 0 (Oct-Mar 02) as part of the protective screen for two American Marine Carriers.
I feel a tie to the people who are fulfilling their duty over there and most of them are Army. This is why I felt that I wanted to make the people who have fallen more real. It seems that they are brought to Canadians simply as rhetoric and propaganda against the action in Afghanistan and they were and are much more.
I will complete my profile...df

Many Thanks and much appreciated.

Its a pleasure to have you on board.

Cheers. Ed.

Willing Foe said:
I am a currently serving member who has put together a site to gather stories about people who have fallen in combat. I have put most of my effort into the people we have lost in Afghanistan though there is some on others, mostly VCs.
The purpose of this is to try to get to know those Soldiers from the people who new them best. I think those people are here. I am looking for comments on the site that I can use to make them more real for anyone who reads the site.
If you think my project is worth it please visit the site and help me tell their stories.
The site is http://www.willingfoe.blogspot.com/.
Thank you in advance.
I have added thoughts, stories, and prayers for and about:
Cpl Jamie Brendan Murphy
MCpl Tim Wilson
Cpl Randy Joseph Payne
Sgt. Craig Paul Gillam
Cpl. Robert Thomas James Mitchell
Sgt Shane Stachnik
With help from people on this forum and others. Keep in touch...df

Back