• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The perks of the Ottawa reserves

K

King

Anyone catch the front page of the Ottawa Citizen today? I‘d post the web link but the newspaper hasn‘t updated its site as of yet, you could just search for it on the net.

I guess no one reads the Ottawa Citizen.

There was story about an Airbus full of Ottawa reservists sat on the runway at the MacDonald-Cariter Airport for a few hours. Then the JTF2 (who also played the terrorists) stormed the plane and "rescued" the passangers.

Yes, some yahoo Reservist thought it would be cool to notify the press, and hence the front page coverage. Apparently, he‘s not made many friends by doing so.

Just another reason that Reservists are looked down upon. It‘s the old "one apple..." rule.

Hopefully it won‘t bar reservists in the area from doing this kind of thing in the future.

Oh well, looking forward to the G20 party this weekend.

That‘s a perk? I thought maybe there was a picture of a good looking reservist from the Ottawa area on the cover. I wonder how Private Melee is doing these days, come to think of it...the email address she gave us in Borden doesn‘t work!

Apparently, one of the 2 Irish guys tells me that JTF have done their thing up in Sudbury once in awhile too.

Sitting in an unventilated airplane is a "perk" now?

You don‘t enjoy sitting in airplanes?

I‘ve also heard they did it in Montreal too.

Back