• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

That list is stupid. The prohibited by name list has always been stupid. At least do it by characteristics i.e. something measurable.

On that list includes many historical firearms. AG-42b, SKS, M1 Garand, G41s and G43s, M1 Carbines, etc.

I can’t recall the last time I was this frustrated. You literally work your ass off, pay your taxes, follow ridiculous laws that do nothing to protect anyone and are all about inconveniencing you, and this is the garbage they pull.

It's actually incredible to think anyone believed this was going to end any other way. This was always Canada's destiny, to join the ranks of other anti-gun countries like UK, Australia, NZ, etc.

They essentially brought back a new form of registry in May. Every gun registry in history has lead to confiscation. The writing was on the wall for ages. Despite every clue, every signal that this was going to happen, most people just kept saying "They'll never do that" and now here we are, the final chapter, and they're closing in on the last of the guns that weren't already banned. Even if they don't get every variant this time, and a few are left, they'll eventually add them to list.

Anyone who is interested in gun ownership and the right to self-defence should know by now that the government is doing everything it can to ensure Canadians won't be allowed either. Believing otherwise is as foolish as all the people who said "But...They will never ban X..." only to see it in the following ban, it won't end until everything is gone except some highly regulated hunting rifles, and even then we can expect those laws will continue to get stricter and stricter because at the end of the day a bullet is a bullet and no amount of regulation will go far enough for the anti-gun crowd.

That part of our freedom in this country is dead and gone, there's no convincing arguments to suggest we'll see that change, it only gets worse from here. This country doesn't have the 2nd amendment, so essentially the USA will be last place in the West that allows gun ownership and the right to adequately defend yourself in an increasingly violent society.

Sorry to be so blunt, but honestly, who really thought this wasn't coming? It was only a matter of time for Canada. It was always only a matter of time.

All the Weatherby rifles, from the Mk 1 to 5 are on the list. All are bolt action. Most have internal mags of two round capacity. These are hunting rifles that meet none of the stipulated criteria. Don't expect them to change it. They didn’t correct the previous mistakes. This should get the fudds to start paying attention.

The "science" shows that bringing in more gun control while equating lawful firearms ownership with violent crime will result in urban voters supporting the Libe

That list is stupid. The prohibited by name list has always been stupid. At least do it by characteristics i.e. something measurable.

On that list includes many historical firearms. AG-42b, SKS, M1 Garand, G41s and G43s, M1 Carbines, etc.

I can’t recall the last time I was this frustrated. You literally work your ass off, pay your taxes, follow ridiculous laws that do nothing to protect anyone and are all about inconveniencing you, and this is the garbage they pull.
Yep. I feel the same way. Super frustrating. I actually feel like I'm under attack by my own government. It's not a nice feeling, and I wrote my MP and expressed that sentiment to her. I offered to meet with her so she could get a perspective from a sport shooter. I very much doubt I will hear back, but it felt good to put it in writing. I encourage every gun owner on this forum to do the same.

Still do not track this comment. Advocate for governmental overthrow but by what/who?
Two government ministers were seriously talking about using tanks on the convoy protesters, came to light as part of the investigation into it.

Two government ministers were seriously talking about using tanks on the convoy protesters, came to light as part of the investigation into it.
Perhaps their (our 😠) Dear Leader admired the Tiananmen Square method? After all, it is a policy subset of the more widely-admired PRC Social Protection Program? 🤔

Perhaps their (our 😠) Dear Leader admired the Tiananmen Square method? After all, it is a policy subset of the more widely-admired PRC Social Protection Program? 🤔
Save your breath G2G. I've been screaming about this guy and his stooges since 2015 and no one wants to listen. You'll get lots of 😏🤨😖and lots of 😂🤣🤫 while being labelled a conspiracy theorist. ;)

We have our own bar though, so there's that at least.🥴

😁

Not sure how it could be plainer. The politicians are just going where the votes are; the votes are with people who have been quite plain that they don't like guns and they don't like the kinds of people who like guns. Equally, the list of things a rational person might do to achieve the ostensible aims before proceeding to "confiscate everything" is long enough and promising enough, but very few items on it are attempted.

Not sure how it could be plainer. The politicians are just going where the votes are; the votes are with people who have been quite plain that they don't like guns and they don't like the kinds of people who like guns. Equally, the list of things a rational person might do to achieve the ostensible aims before proceeding to "confiscate everything" is long enough and promising enough, but very few items on it are attempted.
It’ll certainly make for one very sad game of “I told you so!” when there are no more legal guns but people are still dying by guns…guns that were never properly and responsibly targeted (through the criminals that used/use them) and a justice system that failed to prosecute those who committed the acts but were given a bye from being held accountable.

Sorry Brad, we'll have to agree to disagree.

It's more about disarming citizens, than votes. It's not about gun control, it's about gun eradication. It's not for public safety, but safety for politicians that push too far.

Again, once they take your guns, they can take whatever they want.

And it's happening in all countries where elitist global forces have placed their politicians, like Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand, etc. All working on the same time line, with the same tools and the same agenda. Go ahead, list them and mark the common denominators.

The trudeau's have never been liberals. They are communists, using the liberal party to attain control.
Trudeau Sr admitted as much and Jr has stated a number of times, that he learned his politics at his father's knee. The proof is in the pudding he's baking right now.

WEF is real, UN overreach is real as is WHO, and they are all doing massive damage to democracies.
Divisiveness is their biggest current tool. While everyone is arguing, they are sliding through massive unemployment, crashing the economies, controlling personal wealth and travel. Cutting supplies of medicine, food and fuel. Incremental removal of our rights. Pushing the limits of control to gauge reaction and implementation of constraints on the population.
It’ll certainly make for one very sad game of “I told you so!” when there are no more legal guns but people are still dying by guns…guns that were never properly and responsibly targeted (through the criminals that used/use them) and a justice system that failed to prosecute those who committed the acts but were given a bye from being held accountable.
It's called organized chaos. It's a tool. When you can't protect yourself, you'll ask the government to protect you.

We really need another thread . This stuff takes us away from the main topic too much.

I'm sticking to the topic from now on. My guns being stolen from me by a despotic government

If people want to discuss the whys and wherefores, that resulted in this blatant theft and subterfuge, maybe start a thread for it?

My $00.002 based on inflation

Sorry to be so blunt, but honestly, who really thought this wasn't coming? It was only a matter of time for Canada. It was always only a matter of time.
Some of us knew it was coming. Some of us tried to sound the alarm. All of us ran out of breath trying to convince others. Your assessment of the gun confiscation it right on the money. My only point is they are already confiscating hunting rifles and shotguns.

Welcome to the club:)

This is the concerning part in my eyes, it ties into a lot of the political issues Canada and the USA are facing.

Urban/suburban population is quite willing to inflict their ideology on the rural population, with no regard for the opinions or ideas of the rural.

Interesting little exchange

Some of us knew it was coming. Some of us tried to sound the alarm. All of us ran out of breath trying to convince others. Your assessment of the gun confiscation it right on the money. My only point is they are already confiscating hunting rifles and shotguns.

Welcome to the club:)

I think everyone with half a brain knew it was coming, but literally nobody here cares. That's why this stuff keeps happening, the country is left-wing no matter what the Liberals do you can't really get rid of them. The Conservative's will make a big stink to get fundraising money from gun enthusiast who think they will be the saviours but they have no intent to change it, even O'Toole publicly stated he wouldn't undue the earlier bans, so that's a laughable alternative.

:ROFLMAO: Canada wasn't going to ban more guns.... what a joke! Common, everyone knows now what kind of country Canada is these days. We literally love giving up freedoms here every time something bad is on the news.

Back