• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Yep, the LPC milked that one dry a long time ago...
It looks like their allies have gone away. PolySeSouvient, Wendy Cukier, and the lot were really pissed when he buckled. They seem to have gone away dejected, I haven't heard a peep from them. Pretty sure Cukier lost a lot of her liberal grants also. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Yours won't be the only one. Increasing firearm restrictions is one of the many issues that is a "vote killer", not a "vote getter".
Not in the GTA, LMD or QC. Gun control is a tipping point issue in those areas. Those who opposed C-71 and C-21 wouldn't have voted red in any case. QC has always been anti-handgun and is the centre of gravity for gun control movements in Canada.

It looks like their allies have gone away. PolySeSouvient, Wendy Cukier, and the lot were really pissed when he buckled. They seem to have gone away dejected, I haven't heard a peep from them. Pretty sure Cukier lost a lot of her liberal grants also. I'm not losing sleep over it.
Really? Poly, Cukier's CFGC and Docs Against Guns are still very much alive and active, especially on X and Instagram.

EDIT: Interestingly, there are two Polysesouvient pages on FB. One anti-gun and one pro-gun.

Last edited:
Like mold, Wendy has a bad habit coming back when you least expect it

Not in the GTA, LMD or QC. Gun control is a tipping point issue in those areas. Those who opposed C-71 and C-21 wouldn't have voted red in any case. QC has always been anti-handgun and is the centre of gravity for gun control movements in Canada.

Traditionally you are correct. But I think that's changing.

It is. I have a lot of friends in the Brampton and Mississauga (where I spent my teen years) area and they have told me the general feeling has been more control does nothing to stop gun crimes, many of these people have known this. BUT, always a but, most of them are not hunters, sport shooters, gun collectors so they have for the most part not given a rats arse about the LPC gun law charade.

However these urban folks DO give a damn about affordability and thus that is what turns them against the LPC.

I live in ON but work in QC and many of my co-workers live in QC, mostly Monteregie and and Montreal. Anti-gun sentiment is still very high in those areas and the QC CFO has made QC the most difficult place in Canada to legally own or use handguns.

Back