• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Temperate CADPAT in Afghanistan?

Thaedes

Inactive
Reaction score
Just curious, was looking at a thread earlier with pictures posted.  And noticed that the soldiers were wearing the Arid Terrain gear.  I haven't been following the latest on equipment, but when the first rotation of troops and second went to Afghanistan they were wearing the regular CADPAT designed for our type of terrain here in Canada - they looked ridiculous and stood out in Afghanistan.  So the question is, when did the troops get the new equipment?  And who among the troops got it first?  I'm glad to see that they finally got some equipment that is more or less designed for that environment.  Can never give our troops enough of an advantage I don't think.

during my first week of bmq they explained that yes, they look ridiculous wearing regular green cadpat, but when they go on their missions through the valleys in Afghanistan, they are well covered because we all know, valleys are green, don't we?

Actually, the green worked exceptionally well in Afghanistan.  Granted on the bald *ss desert the green is not my choice, but in the hills and valleys, it worked great. (In fact there are mountain valleys in Afghanistan that you'd think you were in Banff [that's a bit of a stretch, but you get the picture])  Check out the two photos I've just posted to photo gallery under operations.  You tell me which uniform stands out. :cdn:

Yeah, it worked really well on all the drug interdiction patrols when we had to blend in to the cannibis fields................ :-X

It was more like the taliban were scammed, they'ed all get there swim suits and run at the 031's only to find out , that they were not a OASIS.

Back