• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Taking your Physical Test at basic training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick82

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post on Army.ca.  I signed up for the army last week, and February 6th is my aptitude test, interview, and medical exam.  Because of my bad eye sight, I wouldn't be allowed to get into combat arms.  I found this out through this website, and this weekend I will be getting laser eye surgery!  I'm very excited to be part of something special, and can't wait to finally move out and be on my own. 

Anyways, the recruiter told me I wouldn't be taking my physical test until I reached the basic training centre, which would be at least 3 months (due to eye procedure) from now.  Should I call my recruiting centre to double check on that information?  I don't want to arrive there unprepared for the test, even though I could most likely pass the test, I don't want any surprises. 

Oh and I'm torn between combat engineer and infantry, decisions decisions! 

Maverick,

welcome to the sight, and best of luck on your application.

If you use the search function, you will find various threads on the subject of the Fitness evaluation and testing.

What you were told at the recruiting Center was correct, your fitness is now being assessed at the recruit schools. I would also suggest that when you want to verify something you were told at the recruiting center, verify it with them. They are the authority, and the people with your details. There's a lot of experience here, but it's an open source web-site.

I suggest you start reading, because a lot of the questions you may have have already been asked and answered...here's a good place to start.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,16

Heh....  not much of a decision to make

Sappers rule!

First in, last out..... the scruffy old engineer is always there - before the Infantry is ready to move & after the infantry has withdrawn and they need us to close the route.

Maverick82 said:
Hi everyone, this is my first post on Army.ca.  I signed up for the army last week, and February 6th is my aptitude test, interview, and medical exam.  Because of my bad eye sight, I wouldn't be allowed to get into combat arms.  

Oh and I'm torn between combat engineer and infantry, decisions decisions! 

No decisions necessary.  Your eyesight won't allow you to go Combat Arms.  These are both Combat Arms Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back