• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supplementary reserve

larootz

Inactive
Reaction score
After serving for 9 years, ive decided to release 4C from the forces couple weeks ago. Ive been convince to join the sup reserve as I been told theres no disadvantage.

I plan on going back to school with the new Education and Training Benefit implemented last April but I just discovered that member of the Sup reserve are not entitled to it.

Ive been told that if I join the Sup reserve Im supposed to get some kind of package from them to fill out after my release.

My question is: Im I considered part of the Supplementary reserve even though I never filled the application, but I did apply to transfer to Sup reserve in my release paperwork.

Another unintended consequence of the ETB...

Simply put, you’ll need to release from Supp Res. Don’t worry about the paperwork that got you there, just concern yourself with the paperwork to get out. Not having in cleared doesn’t make you not part of an organization.

For reference, see also,

LetsDoMoreWLess said:
VAC introduces changes to transition benefits

A notable number of new and enhanced programs and services, provided by Veterans Affairs
Canada (VAC), are now operational as of April 1, 2018.

The new Education and Training Benefit (ETB) provides funding for college, university or a technical
education for Veterans who have been honourably-released since April 1, 2006 under the new
Veterans Charter. Veterans with six years of full time service will be eligible for up to $40 000 in
funding and those with at least 12 years of full time service will be eligible for up to $80 000.

Funding is intended to cover the costs of tuition, course materials, and some incidentals and living
expenses. It includes a maximum of $5000, from the total benefit, for short-term courses for personal
development. This could include courses such as small business boot camps or other continuing
education courses. Veterans will have up to 10 years following their release date to use their benefit.
This benefit is not available to members who elect to remain part of the Supplemental Reserve.

The redesigned VAC Career Transition Services program (CTS) will help individuals with their Career
Transition plan, including help with resume and cover letter writing, conducting a job search, and
interview preparation. These services are provided by qualified civilian career counsellors who have
an understanding of military life and culture.

Services are now available to Regular or Reserve Force CAF members who have completed basic
training, as well as eligible Veterans and survivors throughout their lives. Spouses and common-law
partners of Veterans are also eligible for these services until the later of either March 31, 2020 or the
second anniversary of the Veteran’s release date.

Other changes to VAC programs as of April 1 include expanded access to the Veteran Family
Program and the introduction of the Caregiver Recognition Benefit, the Veterans Emergency and
Veteran and Family Well-Being funds, and the establishment of a new Centre of Excellence on
PTSD.

These changes, along with the new Veterans Charter, expanded programming at Military Family
Resource Centres and existing services provided through the Joint Personnel Support Unit and its
Integrated Personnel Support Centres, are part of the ongoing commitment of the Canadian Armed
Forces and VAC to the well-being of serving members, Veterans and their families.

If you would like more information on these new benefits and services, check out VAC’s New and
Enhanced Benefits and Services.

Next question: Is anyone tried to release from the Supplementary Reserve? I feel kind of in the dark here as i searched online and there no contact number or anything to get hold of them. Should I just call a recruiter from a reserve unit near me?

larootz said:
Is anyone tried to release from the Supplementary Reserve? I feel kind of in the dark here as i searched online and there no contact number or anything to get hold of them. Should I just call a recruiter from a reserve unit near me?

Release from Supp Reserve 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/108277.0/nowap.html

DAA said:
Quick and painless....call 1-866-558-3566 (Supp Res Offices) and they will look after you.

*sorry for bump didn't see any reason to make a new thread

But how much training do you need? for Supp Res? BMQ ? BMQ plus Trade Course etc

You must reach the OFP in your occupation to be eligible to transfer to the Supp Res.

Back