• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

summer or fall ....which will it be?

aluc

Inactive
Reaction score
I have finally completed the application process in early March of this year, which began in Aug 2005. Now, I have been told that the summer BMQ has been filled for R031, however the recruiter for the respective unit has told me they would be calling soon even though they're full (about three weeks ago). I am just a tad bit antsy waiting this long and all, and would just like to ask if anyone could possibly tell me if they believe the regiment will indeed be calling me soon, or is it more likely that they will swear me in  in the fall instead.  How does the process work? Now that summer BMQ is full, are they honestly going to even bother swearing me in during the summer, or do I have to wait till the fall? Just curious because I've been told by the person who completed my medical  that they won't call till the fall, and all of my testing that I have completed will expire and will have to be done again in the fall. This is why I'm asking, I really don't want to go through the whole testing  (pt, physical etc.) again (if I have to I will).  Throughout my recruiting process I've found that there have been discrepancies in the answers I've received from the various members of the CF I've asked questions of (no disrespect intended here).  Any thoughts here would be much appreciated!

The best person to tell you if you will be enrolled prior to the summer is the recruiter for the reserve unit.  Alot of the time they will enrol you even if no course is starting soon or they already have too many for the course because it is so easy for the applicants to lose interest in joining if there is no progress on their files. 

They might not send you on course but they will probably have something for you to do, even if it is just here and there all summer long.  Also, there is the problem of reliability check, medical and pt test expiring.  They understand how long this can take and how tedious it can be for the applicant so they sometimes enrol you just to avoid those problems and then work to keep you interested until you go on course.

My advice to you would be to call the recruiter for your unit and find out what you could be expected to do for the summer if you are not on course and when they will be enrolling you.  Only this person can give you the most correct answers for your situation.

I actually got  hold of the Sgt. this afternoon and he answered all my questions for me. The last time I spoke with him he told me they would be calling soon (3 weeks ago), but I just wasn't sure if he was trying to get me off the phone...he sounded very busy that day, as I'm sure he was, with people like me calling non stop. I just needed some reassurance to put my mind at ease.

Thank you for taking the time militarygirl !! :salute:

Back