• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Suggestions?

betzj427

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't want to come accross as whining about my application taking too long, but I am just wondering if anyone has some suggestions...
I received an email saying that the CF was "ready to select me for my chosen occupation and I would be receiving a offer over the phone within the next 2-3 days". That was a week and a half ago and no one is replying to my messages either by email or phone. This wouldn't be a big deal but it has happened as well in the earlier phases of my application process... Seems no one ever gets back to me if I leave a message. Any thoughts on what I am able to do at this point? (Besides having patience)  :)

The best thing you could do is drive to the RC yourself and sit down and talk with someone. If you applied for the Combat Arms, then the email was a hoax =\ and I would address them on that email. Since the Combat Arms are not hiring until April the earliest. Could always ask politely if someone from a CFRC near your hometown could look over your file. But like I said, combat arms is closed till april so nothing will happen with that period.

betzj427 said:
I don't want to come accross as whining about my application taking too long, but I am just wondering if anyone has some suggestions...
I received an email saying that the CF was "ready to select me for my chosen occupation and I would be receiving a offer over the phone within the next 2-3 days". That was a week and a half ago and no one is replying to my messages either by email or phone. This wouldn't be a big deal but it has happened as well in the earlier phases of my application process... Seems no one ever gets back to me if I leave a message. Any thoughts on what I am able to do at this point? (Besides having patience)  :)
What did you apply into? The ROTP process is the current priority at RC's. What center are you dealing with?

I was applying at CFRC Calgary as an LCIS Tech with the Reg Force. My problem is that I live an hour and a half away from the Recruiting Center. It makes sense at least that they would be busy with ROTP right now, so I will drive down to the armoury where I live this weekend and hopefully be able to catch the local recruiter (she hasn't responded to any messages either).

The local recruiter at the armoury will very likely not be of any help, if they are even still employed there. There have been cutbacks in recruiting at reserve units. Call the Centre reception number and if that doesn't work call the generic 1-800 number and ask them to redirect your call.  Keep at it as we are still hiring LCIS techs this year.

CFR FCS

Back