• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*SPOILER WARNING!* Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Infanteer

Staff member
Directing Staff
Donor
Reaction score
Just went to the movies the other day and saw the trailer for the final Star Wars film:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/teaser.html

Anyone else here as pumped as I am?  Star Wars is one of the last vestiges of my childhood that I still hang onto and this movie looks big (I'll admit, I own Star Wars LEGO.... ;D).

So, we all know who Darth Vader is, but for the sake of my kids (who will have the option to watch them in order) this movie better not steal the thunder from The Empire Strikes Back

Oooh yeah,
I'd have to say next to Billionaire, my dream job would have to be Jedi..followed by Hugh Hefner.

And I'm wondering if anyones played the video game "Knights of the Old Republic" for the XBOX and noticed the paralells between the Siths and the Nazis.

And Yeah, Pumped, definetly pumped.

I'm looking forward to it, however the last two were a bit of a dissapointment so I don't have high hopes for this one.  It'll be nice to finally have the complete story, but after waiting for over a decade, this entire "new" trilogy has been a let-down for me.

I still hold out optimism that this third episode will make up for the other two.

I can't really dump on the first two.   They were about as hokey (in the classic good vs evil sense) as the original trilogy, only we're not children anymore and thus less prone to be enthralled by what magic Lucas can work.

I liked the first two because they were part-and-parcel of the Star Wars story.   My only wish is that Lucas gathers the cast of the original together for the last 3 of the original 9 he wrote (which he has claimed he won't do   :-\).

MCG said:
So, we all know who Darth Vader is, but for the sake of my kids (who will have the option to watch them in order) this movie better not steal the thunder from The Empire Strikes Back

Judging from the fact that they know Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker and that the trailer shows him throwing on the Darth Vader duds, I think your kids are not going to be in for the Episode V shocker (and will subsequently hurl when they realize that Leia makes out with her brother on Hoth)....

Yeah, the Leia Luke things been kinda weird ever since I say Return...
Any way, It looks good, but the trailers normally do, don't know, I'll see it for sure. Personally, I can't wait to see that Wookee army or whatever in the trailer there...

I don't know why people trash episode 2, it was better then episode 6 thats for sure. No fury cuddly things, just lots and lots of jedi, and huge battles. Its one of my favourite.

Episode 1 was bad.

As far as episode 3 stealing the thunder from episode 5, well, from seeing all the pre-release pics and reading all info about it, it looks promising. George Lucas said alot of people are going to be mad at him because its a dark film, and everybody dies. This was the appeal of episode 5, it showed some of the true power of Darth Vader, and how evil he can be.

Episode II better than VI? What are you smoking? At least the puppets and characters looked real. There was no climax, no personality to the characters. We never do figure out what makes Amidala like Anakin anyhow. He is always a punk, and she just says "Yes, I will marry you."  ::)

Baloo said:
. We never do figure out what makes Amidala like Anakin anyhow. He is always a punk, and she just says "Yes, I will marry you."

You haven't known too many girls have you.... ;)  That's pretty much the way they operate....

Yeah...in real life! It's supposed to be science fiction, no?  ;)

I'm also a gigantic star wars fan, but i would have to say that while the prequel movies are good to have i guess, i would have been far more interested and excited about new films taking place AFTER return of the jedi.

Che said:
Oooh yeah,
I'd have to say next to Billionaire, my dream job would have to be Jedi..followed by Hugh Hefner.

And I'm wondering if anyones played the video game "Knights of the Old Republic" for the XBOX and noticed the paralells between the Siths and the Nazis.

And Yeah, Pumped, definetly pumped.

You thought nazi too?  Yeah...I noticed...especially on Korriban with the whole..your here because we need a spaceport thing.

I honestly didn't know there were this many fans of Episodes 1 and 2. Myself I thought they were both garbage and I probably won't waste my money on the last piece of crap they release.

I know I'm going to get slammed for this here, but Rastafarian poorly animated lizards don't do it for me. Neither episode 1 or 2 is even remotely comparable to the original series.

I've seen the first star wars, and that was such a crappy experienced I wished I never spent a buck at the movie rental store to get it. Hopefully this next one will be better, but I have my doubts about it. Nothing beats the original series though.

The only thing that s*cked about Episodes I and II was the fact that Lucas over used Computer Generated Animation. This, coming from someone who's synonymous with hand crafted special effects, says shoddy workmanship and abandonment of product quality. The original trilogy, Episodes IV, V, and VI were epic and groundbreaking.

That being said:

Episode I? Ray Park (veteran Tae-Kwon-Do practitioner and fight coordinator) as Darth Maul. What's not to like about that? The Jedi are supposed to be the equivalent of â Å“Samuraisâ ? and The Sith are supposed to be the equivalent of â Å“Ninjasâ ?. The fight scenes, Jedi versus Sith, were awesome.

Episode II? Haden Christiansen gets dismembered. What's not to like about that?  >:D

Episode III is just the finale of this â Å“Dr Jekyll and Mr Hydeâ ? trilogy, we all know what's going to happen in the end. The only draw this movie has is how it gets to the end.

Well I believe that the original series was more than excellent fight scenes, there was a higher quality to the movies.
If I wanted to see some good fight scenes, I'd rent a Jet Li movie and not have to sit through over-exaggerated CGI that doesn't really impress me in the first place.

Watch Spaceballs, now that's a good flick!

If you watched to other 5  you have to watch this one it is like reading a book and leaving out a chapter.

The CG is over done yes and sometimes it is overacted. (NO GOLD BIKINI)

But it is still a piece of the puzzle that will need to be set.

I only hope it lives up to the hype.

It can not be worse then 1 that was terrible.
2 was better.

Back