• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Special Forces Command Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundymaphone

Inactive
Reaction score
I originally posted this as a question in another topic but moved it to a more appropriate forum.

I am having an OCD moment. Command structures always fascinate me and I always wondered, do special forces "JTF2 and alike" Majors go on missions with their subordinates. I know just like conventional officers all have to put in some staff duty But I remember reading that many SF Majors opt to go back into the field (in command of a platoon sized force I assume) after several years, is that correct? I just enjoy reading about the command structure of special forces because it is so unconventional and fascinating on how the balancing act works. Oh ya I am what can only be described as a psychology "nerd".

If you can't find it by Google, I doubt whether anyone here is going to tell you. Command structure of SOF on ops is likely something not spoken of in public.

Milnet.ca Staff

If you are reading about SF command structures in the US, then I doubt it is the same as here in Canada, UK, or AUS. US SOF units are unique entities.

That sounds too hollywood.

I do not know the specific answer to you question, but I understand that a Company commander in a Special operations unit has very similar duties and responsibilities a those in regular service. As for whether or not the regress back to roles filled by Captains and Lts, intuitively, I would say no, because they are taking those younger officer's duties away. And if you are a SF officer, you are good enough to b trusted with the strategic national interest, or you would not be there.

But I must caveat; I am speculating.

And before this gets carried away, I'm going to lock it. If any SF pers want to give a solid answer, they can ask a Mod to post it. If nothing gets posted, see my first response.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back