• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So what do you think of this....CAF Numbers vs NYC Police

L

Limpy

According to what I heard there is more New York City Police officers than there are CF personnell. Can anyone say for certin?

the last time i read about this, new york had about 49 000 police officers. - New yorks population is almost 20 million
Canada's population is around 32 million - canada has around 60 000 police
and i think canada has around 40 thousand regular army, and around 20 000 reserve.

It doesn't seem that shocking, if you think about it. As phalen posted, the population of New York is quite close to the entire population of Canada.

The strength of a military in a country the size of ours should be no less than 150, 000 personel. A few years ago it was stated that the entire CF could fit inside the sky dome. thats not right.

I fully agree with you SOLDIER702. This country used to have 120 000 in uniform. Then it was thought that when Canada cut its commitments in Europe in half, Canada would only need 80 000 in uniform. So to make soldiers give up there way of life the government offered up easy pensions to get soldiers to retire to meet the 80 000 quota. Almost seems criminal.

Back