• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

small cars with good gas mileage

I have a diesel Jetta, 1000km in the city, 1300km on the highway...60L tank and fuel about 93 ¢ at the Flying J in Napanee with everything else at ~$1.25-1.28...

Cheers,
Duey

2006 diesel is the best when it comes to VW its like... 13Km/li or maybe its 13mi/li

i own a 91 buick and at the rate that im going, its soon to be costing me almost 70 to fill up every 5 days :'(

i got a 1991 dodge colt hatchback. It is very cheap on gas.

I bought myself a CRV a few years back.  Certainly not a small car, but if you want an SUV-type vehicle that's good on mileage, it's the way to go.  It's only a 4 cylinder, but it's not like I'm pulling a big boat/trailer around everywhere.

someguyincanada said:
is it a 2000 and earlier model?

2001.  The 2005+ have the newer 110 horse 170+ft-lbs 2.0 TDI...mine's the 90hp/155ft-lb 1.9L...great little car though...I stil forget when I filled it up last...needle doesn't move of F for 200 kms!!!  8)

Cheers,
Duey

I bought a Ford Escape hybrid a month ago. I love it- I'm averaging about 7.7L/110km- I think thats about 34mpg. My previous vehicle was a 2004 Durango HEMI [crying then,laughing now]. Atkinson 4 cyl, direct drive transmission, runs on battery under 55km, battery charges off of brake friction. Very, very quiet to drive.

Would you believe I traded in a 2000 Jetta TDI for the Durango? As soon as the warranty expired on the jetta, I had nothing but problems withit- Turbo went, the water pump went, electrical problems, brakes constantly needing repair, goddamned coffee cup holder was always breaking... 

goddamned coffee cup holder was always breaking... 

Well, when the coffee cup holder gows, you might as well just get rid of the thing.  ;D

Strike said:
Well, when the coffee cup holder gows, you might as well just get rid of the thing.    ;D

So do they cup holders in the Griffon?

I didn't know the hybrids got such bad gas milage.

I have a 2000 Jetta TDI and it get 4.4L/100km (60M/CG or 50 M/USG). I also have a Suburban at 16L/100km!

I like the diesels in that you get the good milage, but still are a decent size and have the torque available for good towing. I don't think the miniture Smart Cars/hybrids/etc are very powerful.

Good info on the TDI at www.tdiclub.com

Allan.

We have a little Kia Spectra (would have loved a VW but that was out of our price range!).  The Kia actually has lots of 'pep' for a little car, and doesn't burn through the gas - especially compared to our '91 GMC truck! :p    I've never actually figured out the mileage, I should do that sometime.

I used to work at a call center and this guy i worked with book a car reservation for a guy who tests cars for safety for insurance companies.My co-worker drove a kia and the guy he made the reservation for told him kia's are one of the most unsafe cars on the road and if it's a black kia (which my co-worker owned) it was even worse.
  The smart car seems to be gaining popularity. One of my clients told me that his wife has one and it costs her 11 dollars a week in gas. I stil don't think I could bring myself to drive one though hehe >:D

My wife and I just bought a 2005 Hyundai Accent 5-speed.  It averages about 35 mpg highway and about 25 mpg in the city.  5 year bumper to bumper warranty and an excellent safety record.  Not the vehicle for cruising for chicks, but good, safe, reliable transportation that won't make you take out a second mortgage every time you fill up.

We checked out Kia's, Mazda's, Honda's, VW's, Ford's, etc, etc, etc.  For the money, we found the best warranty, safety rcd, mileage was clearly with the Hyundai.

From what I've read ( alot)....the Hyundais are right up there in quality with Honda and Toyota....but cheaper!

Maybe some hyundais are up there with toyota and honda but i saw an accent rear end a toyota and the toyota didnt have a scratch but the accent's front end was destroyed. Felt bad for the poor girl driving the accent she had to wait a few hours for the cops.  >:D

Back