• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Small Cancer, big dream!

T59

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings,
I hate reading long posts so I'll make this quick. Febuary 2004, I was diagnosed with Testicular cancer. They removed one threw surgery and I then had to go threw 4 months chemo. Now I see my doctor every 4 to 6 months To make sure everything is ok. Everything is butyfull. I do weight and cardio trainning 4 times a week and I take my vitamins!  I won't give you a rundown here but I think that overall I have a good background for the CF. Its what keeps me training so i'm kinda freaked out by the fact that my CF career would be a write off!

Any chances they take me? (I realise that my doctor will have to provide notes and all that..)
Does it depend on the trade? If so, what kind of MOC is most likely?
I was thinking field engineer :rage: or infantry :threat:  but I would settle for LCIS :salute: if I had to.

Go to the Recruiting Centre.  Talk to them.  You will only know for sure if you go through the medical process for recruiting.

In remission of a small cancer 2 years ago(Testicular, 4 months chemo), I was wondering if anyone had any stories of people being accepted after that.

I'm aware of G2 medical requirement wich I will probably be G3 from what I gather. I see my doctor every 6 months. Temporarily?  Do you know of a remission period after wich I will be considered G2. I'm in good physical condition now.

(I know, I WILL apply anyways, but just out of curiosity. If anyone has heard of or has had a cousin that... you know.. )
Sorry about second topic but the first one was locked too fast. Mistake perhaps.

Thanks a million!

Your question was answered the first time.  Talk to the recruiting centre.  They are the only ones who can give you an answer. 

This topic has been unlocked at the request of the original poster.  Any untoward remarks will result in deletion, and warnings issued.  It is suggested that any first-hand knowledge be exchanged by Private Message, and that if you only have conjecture to contribute - DON'T.

Your INDIVIDUAL medical fitness for joining the CF can only be determined through the medical portion of the recruiting process and not through this board and the experiences of others.  If you want to join then apply and see where the process takes you.

And that's from the Recruiting Officer, end of story. Like Michael says 'go to PM'. Locked.

My papers are submitted guys(today), I wanted to know if you knew anyone in my position, that's all. Just like the guy that had flat feet... just like the guy that asked about his vision... allergies... ...HIV... and everything else I read so far in "enrollment medical".  I feel that for some reason, I was brushed off. But i'm no cry baby..  :'(  Essencialy I'm ambitious so I'll see when I get there!

Don't get me wrong guys, I have a lot of respect for this forum, its users and its purpose. My sincere apologies for insisting. It was just very important to me. Like I said, anticipating a dream write off is concerning.

Perhaps I could update this thread with developments for further refference.

Kindly,

Patrick

Back