• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

One connection was down... I cracked the whip and got it going again. ;)

Thank you!!  I was getting the time out page every time!  :'(

PMedMoe said:
Thank you!!  I was getting the time out page every time!  :'(

I couldn't even load the main page.  Very frustrating.  Now I have lots of catching up to do.  ;D

I have my defaults set to view 50 posts per page.  I notice things are a little slow, but not too bad.

Things were flying this morning, but now they've gone back to a crawl again.  There's quite a delay in response.

George Wallace said:
I couldn't even load the main page.  Very frustrating.  Now I have lots of catching up to do.  ;D

Actually, neither could I.  I used the "old" address to get the main page and got nowhere after that.

Is it my computer (Yesterday Ontario Hydro had a millisecond spike, just after I had removed an N/S batt from my APS to get replaced today - Murphy's Law.) or is the site slow ?

It wasn't slow for me earlier, but the pages dowloaded stangely (text upon text,
until fully dowloaded). It is ok now for me.

Anyone else having pages load extremely slow today??  It was kind of hit and miss at work today which I blamed on the DWAN, but now I'm home and it's no better.  :'(

The site has been painfully slow this morning, on both my Linux/Firefox and Windows (Vista)/Chrome boxes.

There are infrequent and intermittent burst of "normal" speed.

It "feels" like a dropped connection at the server: fast on my Linux/Firefox box using Milnet.ca while impossible to load Army.ca on the same machine, but OK on Army.ca using Windows/Chrome and impossible to load Navy.ca from that box.

BTW: the rest of the Internet is fine on both my machines so I'm guessing my connection is OK. (No "otherenditis" here!)

Yep, slow for me, too.  Last night was absolutely crazy, the site wasn't even coming up in it's usual format.  ???

Still the same for me:

+ Internet (except for Mike's server) is fine; and

+ Three tabs open on browser - Navy.ca came up fast (I'm posting on that tab), Army.ca and Milnet.ca not even loading took more than 30 seconds to load.

The home pages of the Milnet family won't load for me but when I go straight to the forums they load quickly.

Took me almost an hour to get on.  I finally refreshed my network connection and no problem now.

I just talked to Mike (He's on the road) and he's now aware of the issue.  Normally I could have fixed the issue myself, but my logon no longer works.  (My access is by IP and it has probably changed recently).  He will try to get on and sort things out soonest.

Back