• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Mike:

Really,Really SLOW here. Using XP Pro and Firefox. Has been slow since yesterday morning.

Cheers,

tango22a

Yeah I noticed that earlier today, but things seem to be fine now. (For me at least)

It's been mostly good here in Texas, Mike, using MS Vista and Chrome, but today, right now (1515 Hrs CST) it is painfully slow - a full 30 seconds or more to load a page or make a post.

In fact it took about 2.5 minutes and two tries (I got a "This web page is not available" error message) to post my last message.

Is the site getting hammered by interest in the court proceedings in Petawawa?  That was my first suspicion...

Yep, just came up super slow and timed out the connection here.  Then fast, then slow, then faster....you get the picture.

It is painfully slow... not sure what the cause is at this point but I'm checking into it.

It was really slow, in fact I gave up a few times, over the last hour or so, but it seems better now.

Its been an absolute shocker down here this am, so slow, I've walked away and come back, and its till trying to turn a page. A bit better now, but still slow.

Regards,

Wes

It's up and down like a hooker's knickers on a pay night! It's slow then, five minutes later, quick again, then slow, then ... you get the picture.

It's reasonable now, but it took me 11 minutes to make a post about an hour ago....

E.R. Campbell said:
It's up and down like a hooker's knickers on a pay night!

Gotta ask....is that because you were waiting? or watching everyone waiting.....

Still running at odd speeds for me.  Long pauses, and then sudden spurts. 

Must be pacing itself.    ;D

It was very slow yesterday afternoon (1800 Hrs CST); it takes about 20 secs to load a page this morning.

The rest of the Internet is fine.

Must be a sign that it is getting frigid out your way Mike........the site is freezing up.

At 1830 CST it's fast, again, after a day of frustratingly slow page loads.

Like George, I blame the weather up there ... It was 72oF here at about 1700.  ;D

E.R. Campbell said:
At 1830 CST it's fast, again, after a day of frustratingly slow page loads.

Like George, I blame the weather up there ... It was 72oF here at about 1700.  ;D

Are you insinuating that the site speed speeds up the further south you are and the warmer the clime?  ;D

Back