• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Here in Canada's most easterly province-the site is dead slow.

Extremely slow here....

Regards

Different strokes:

It's very, very fast here (downtown Ottawa) on Windows/Chrome (Google's brand new (still in Beta) browser);

It's fast on Linux/Opera;

It's pretty fast on Linux/Firefox; and

It's even pretty quick on Windows/IE7 - which is usually my slowpoke.

Greeting to all smiling members,

Yesterday here in Australia it was hopeless, and even this am at home before work it was playing up, but now does not seem too bad.

Happy days to all,

OWDU

Was slow about 12:30 Edmonton time, but I'm not sure if it was me being at work causing it.

Here in Canada's most easterly province-site speed is back to normal.

Mike Bobbitt said:
They won't care, but we'll be cut out of all Yahoo! search results.
I see Yahoo bots swarming, but no speed issues here.  Did you find safer a way to let them?

Just some performance tweaks here and there to make it a bit more manageable when they descend on us. :)

Something has slowed the site down now (1645 Eastern) compared to just an hour or two earlier today.

E.R. Campbell said:
Something has slowed the site down now (1645 Eastern) compared to just an hour or two earlier today.

A bit late but site seems ok at this time.

For some reason this morning the site security certificate was not recognize by my browser (Firefox 3.0) and I had to establish an exception. This happened after I typed http://army.ca in my browser.

Is it just me?

I'm not using Firefox, but IE7, however, this morning I had 12 updates to MS programs and had to reboot.  When I did, all my settings had been changed for my browser.  Could it be that some of your cookies had been removed in a similar situation?

Have we dropped a connection again?

I can get on and post, albeit slowly, from one box (Linux/Opera) but not from the other (MS/Chrome or MS/Firefox).

The rest of the Internet is fast from both boxes/all browsers.

While the login and navigation speeds are great again I have noted - over the past few days - that the time involved in actually adding a post to a thread, even a short post, has gotten quite long - several seconds vs nearly instantaneous for most of my time (years) on Army.ca.

I was doing some maintenance last night which casued some slowdowns... but it should be OK now.

Edit: That post went in fast enough...

Back