• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Good thing you have built-in redundancy and power backup. If this keeps up for forty days and forty nights, and the sewers back up, we'll be in trouble.

No we're OK there too... I have the server on one of the old "black Betty" air mattresses. ;)

Or it might just be a "floater"  ;D 
bolt.gif

Will you have to measure that cord in Cubits?

Would that also make this a "Pirate Site" ?

Just lost power.......&^%*(%

Had to find some back up power.......and plug the modem in.

Had 3-4 power bumps at home, but the UPS has kept things smooth for us online so far.

I've only had one power outage here (near Bank & Hunt Club) so far.
1.gif

It was pretty dark at about 1610 with all the street lights on.  Site speed is okay, though.  ;D

George Wallace said:
I'm sitting here waiting for the site speed to slow down or the site to go down, as the sky's black and we get hail the size of golfballs.  It's 1615 hrs and I have to turn the lights on.

I must have brought the hail to your location from Sturgis with me!!  >:D Baseball sized, and still in the ditch the next morning despite the 100 degree temperatures ...

Here is an example of our Hail Protection System on one of the bikes - lovingly provided by Clothe the Motorcyles:

Hail_Protection.jpg

Not only is CTM practical, but very fashionable too! Speed fine here, how's the weather now?

Sloooow this morning (0600 Hrs Eastern).

I can get on, at a very low speed, from the Linux box using Opera; cannot get on using Linux/Firefox. Nothing possible on the Windows box with any of the three browsers (IE7, Firefox or Opera).

That was it!

It's all good again (0620 Hrs) on all boxes/browsers - even IE7, which I normally use only to check when Army.ca is slow or down.

Thanks, Mike.

Dropped connection, again?

Symptoms are familiar: works on one box (Linux/Opera) but not on Linux/Firefox or other box (Windows/Firefox).

Okay, for the last while the site speed was like 417 at rush hour. It is better now.

Yesterday, I thought that the site was down. I usually use I/E, so I tried Safari, which, to my surprise, loaded up Army.ca very fast.

Today, it works on I/E, but is a tiny bit faster on Safari.

-Deadpan

Edit because I can't spell ::)

Server wouldn't even load this AM about 0500 local, kept getting the "server timed out" message.

Back