• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

search to broad

gman620

Inactive
Reaction score
when i search it finds any of the words in the sentence and will extract the word from a larger word meaning i type in an aexact search and it gets all kinds of irrelevant stuff when i search for say the number 1 anything with a 1 comes up like 15 or100 i only want the 1 not any other number unless there is no way to change it and i just have to get used to it.

When you are searching for specific things put the sentence in quotations.

"When I search" vs When I search

The first one will yield you specific results while the second one will find every post with the letter/word When, I, and search.

Check this site out for all pertinent info related to search modifiers. http://www.google.com/help/basics.html

Google's search engine and army.ca's search engine are somewhat similar, but sinces Google's is so large and covers so much some of the more complex modifiers probably won't work here.

Also try these search features:

Limit the search by how old the threads can be. For example, searches on aspects of recruiting could be limited to 180 or 365 days to find only those responses from the past 6 or 12 months.

Be selective in the boards you choose to search, there's no use finding threads in Military History if you're asking a Recruiting Question.

Add relevant terms to narrow the search.  As you learn the vocabulary, understand that some terms have broad application across the forums (like "training").  For example, refining the search with "training" plus "BMQ" plus "rifle" will result in fewer threads with a higher likelihood that what you are looking for will appear.

I use google's site: command to search the forums as I like the Google search output quite a bit. It's easy to do. Just go to the regular google search page and type:

site:forums.air-force.ca your search terms

ie.

site:forums.air-force.ca recruit pt standards

site:forums.air-force.ca "mess dinner"

site:forums.air-force.ca aircraft -aurora

etc...etc...

Back