• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Saving Jessica Lynch

D

D-n-A

there gonna be making a TV movie based on her rescue

http://www.msnbc.com/news/949013.asp#BODY

Good to see that the whole RAH RAH machine is in full frontal assault.
I like a good story but it is tough to read it when it is wrapped in the flag!
Seems like a good way to sell commercial time for dish soap, razor blades and cars.
Insulting to the fighting men how that story was made up as they went along.

yea

the movie‘s gonna make her into some big hero..

a better movie would be on the Armoured soldier‘s or Infantry during the War

I heard she fired off all her ammo before she was captured, and keep in mind, a number of her buddies died fighting beside her.

I‘m sure she didn‘t want to be attacked, lose her friends, or become the focal point of the PR spin machine back home.

Since America is very big on using patriotic propaganda, I‘m 100% sure they will portray her as a hero. But by joining up, wearing the uniform, and doing her duty in a combat zone, you could already make a case that she is a hero, just like everyone else.

Anyway, the first post said it was based on her rescue. I think that would be cool to see. Probably an elite unit was sent in, covert like, and snatched her out from under the nose of the Iraqi‘s.

Actually she was unconsious during the firefight,the award is being given for her bravery while in the Iraqi hospital(from an offical in the US Army),if lying in a bed wounded can be considered an act of bravery.After all the hooplah about this girl she was bound to get something,after all she is the new GI Jane ....PUKE!!!!

The story about her fighting off Iraqis was bull****. There were also no Iraqi troops near the hospital she was "rescued" from. They could off just walked in there and got here.

But the femenists will love it.

Holy scheise they‘ve got like songs and poems for her.
I like this story made me laugh, but hey you can‘t trust anything anymore.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/correspondent/3028585.stm
So weird how she‘s like the biggest hero ever.
what You guys think the movie‘s gonna be like?
It can‘t possibly be too long from what i‘ve read, so they‘re gonna sex it up a lot.

There was one more twist. Two days before the snatch squad arrived, Harith had arranged to deliver Jessica to the Americans in an ambulance.

But as the ambulance, with Private Lynch inside, approached a checkpoint American troops opened fire, forcing it to flee back to the hospital. The Americans had almost killed their prize catch.
*Shakes head*

Those yanks, and their friendly fire "mistakes"...

What are they doing firing on an ambulance anyways? Regardless of what side its on. (This was long before, the suicide bombers started attacking Americans miond you).

lol maybe they‘re just eager to shoot something.

Actually she was unconsious during the firefight,the award is being given for her bravery while in the Iraqi hospital(from an offical in the US Army),if lying in a bed wounded can be considered an act of bravery.After all the hooplah about this girl she was bound to get something,after all she is the new GI Jane ....PUKE!!!!
From what I‘ve heard, we had an experience along the same lines in Afghanistan....

"But as the ambulance, with Private Lynch inside, approached a checkpoint American troops opened fire, forcing it to flee back to the hospital. The Americans had almost killed their prize catch."

LOL

Was unconcious during the firefight huh? Reminds me of stories with american officers during vietnam putting their own names in for medals.

Since it is based on word of mouth, I sent you guys a private message explaining the details so as to avoid cranking up the rumor mill.

Nope. I am sending to some SNCO‘s because they might clarify the matter for me, but like I said, I am not going to putting this out because it is not my story to tell, so I don‘t want to crank the rumor mill.

I might be labeled as "Anti American" but I have to say that since American don‘t really have real heros they make them up. What exactly did she do that makes her a hero, from a lot of report I have read and seen....I found out that she was getting the best treatment and care at the hospital....better than Iraqi soldier who were dying like rats on the streets....Like many others I am getting sick and tired of American Media and the way the portray anyone who does not agree with them and make things up. It‘s kind of like ....be like us or else....get bombed by us.....my question is....why should everyone be like US if someone wants their own law..what US‘s problem.????that‘s my two cents. My apology if I have offended anyone!

That‘s how i feel about it, sounds like they‘re just lookin for reasons to make people heroes. But hey why not, if your people take it in, feed them more.

Back