• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Running for the BMQ

031RCR

Inactive
Reaction score
Question: Is running 5km at a 6 mins/KM pace good for getting ready for the BMQ?

I am sure you read all the other great threads on RUNNING in this site.  I am sure there were some optimal speeds mentioned.  I will stop now, before I insult your intelligence further.  ::)

5km in 30minutes, i see that as alright i mean your running 1km every 6minutes. That also means it would take you just over 15 minutes to run 2.4km, which is over the time limit for the 2.4km run and that is the minimum time you should be practicing for to make sure that you can do it when you get to BmQ. As george stated, do a search for previous threads that cover this.

whats the altitude at BMQ? cuz that affects time like non other right now i'm at a mile high and can do a mile in around 6:15 it just seems like 30minutes is a long time for 5km

running 5kms in 30mins is different than over 15mins for 2.4kms. It depends on your speed. i can run faster for shorter distances than longer ones...because i have to pace myself. my partner runs 10kms in an hour...but can run 5kms in less than 30mins. So that theory is incorrect in my books. As well the requirement for basic is a BASE level of fitness that everyone should be able to do...they build on it from there. If you can run 5kms in 30mins, i think that is a great start for basic as i was told that in basic the morning runs are usually around 30 - 40minutes in length.

wirrell said:
whats the altitude at BMQ? cuz that affects time like non other right now i'm at a mile high and can do a mile in around 6:15 it just seems like 30minutes is a long time for 5km

About 136 feet.

Just do as much as you can. Run as much as you can as long as you dont injure your self. Determination is the thing that will get you past BMQ. As long as you've been training I believe you should be ready.

I am able to run 2.4k in 10 minutes 45 seconds, my goal is 2.4k in 8 minutes.  >:D

Back