• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RPAT turitorial/guide thread

mr.rhtuner

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been browsing these forums for a few years now. I was part of 31CER in St.Thomas but decided to resign and go to school and think of what I want to do.

Not long ago I spoke with a lady and she recommended the RCMP for me, I looked into it and went for my info session this past Monday.  I have searched the internet and I'm looking for some more guides/tutorial's towards the RPAT exam that I'd like to prepare for.

I Just purchased the RPAT exam guide from http://www.policeprep.com/ and I have the RPAT PDF guide from the RCMP website but is there anything else somebody can recommend for me to study and over look so that I can do fairly well on the test?

any advice/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!.

Thank You
bart

You may get some pointers on the blueline.ca forum, it's very similar in nature to this forum. There is a section there for LEO applicants. Lots of good information all round for those in the recruiting process.

Noneck

Some say not to even look at the policeprep guides.

I on the other hand bought the book prior to my RPAT in 2005 and I believe it to be a wonderful tool. However, really I wouldn't rely solely on the book to get a good mark. I'd also rely on what the RCMP's website advice tells you. Really, it's an aptitude test. Either you have it, or you don't. I believe the book can maybe boost your score a few points, but the exam is a little tough, especially the memory section. Best to actually practice memory by memorizing things you see, such as license plates, how people look, etc.

As well, get a good nights rest, even though it might be hard... it was for me! Get a good breakfast, go in there with a clear mind, focus and concentrate. You should do fine.

I found the policeprep.com guide a help and the practice questions on the RCMP site a help but the RPAT test that I did in May was a lot harder.I took almost the full time to complete the tests.I did not have a good feeling after those tests and was surprised that I passed.

Back