• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP RMC Academic Year 2022-23

There was no information on bmoq on my offer and I was also a little confused by that but I talked to my recruiter and they said that I start getting paid September 5th. You should be alright as well.
Nice, do you ever plan to transfer to RMC?

Nice, do you ever plan to transfer to RMC?

I got a civvy-uni ROTP offer about a month ago and might be able to answer some questions.

I was told that just like RMC is full for this year, BMOQ is also full for the summer. It's not actually a requirement that we have to do BMOQ before going to uni; the rule is that CAF members need to complete BMOQ (or at least do mod 1, in ROTP's case) in their FIRST summer after enrolling. That's why, at least out of the people I've talked to that also got Civvy-U offers, everyone's enrolling at the end of August (so our "first summer" isn't until 2023). Whether or not we're going to be doing both modules of BMOQ next summer, I don't know. I would guess we would be, since the RMC class of '25 missed mod 1 because of COVID and had to do both mods this summer to catch up. But as far as pay goes, we'll definitely be getting put on salary and have tuition reimbursed this year. The contract stipulates that all four years of education are to be subsidized.

As far as transferring goes, I hate to knock the wind out of your sails here if that was something that you were hoping to do, but it's not too likely that a transfer will be approved. I asked that exact question to my MCC. It's not the same as if you were to apply to ROTP for the first time while you were in your first year of civilian university, and planned on going to RMC for the remaining three years of your education (which happens all the time). Once you enroll on a civvy-u ROTP contract, the Forces has logistically planned for you to remain at civilian university for all four years. I'm not saying it's impossible. It's just difficult to pull off, because it requires a lot of work on the logistical side of things for the Forces. It's much, much easier for them to simply get you to finish your degree at Civvy-Uni, and give any new bed-space at RMC to the next incoming class.

I feel your pain though on how hard it is to get answers relating to Civvy-U ROTP. I've been told that almost all the questions I have will be answered closer to enrolling, when flights are given out, and you're set up to contact your ULO (Officer that takes care of your file personally while in ROTP). The problem is that it looks like they're only giving us about 2 days of time in between the time I (and the others I've talked to) enroll, and the time we fly out to our uni's. Not a ton of time to get everything sorted out. But it's the way it goes, I guess.

I got a civvy-uni ROTP offer about a month ago and might be able to answer some questions.

I was told that just like RMC is full for this year, BMOQ is also full for the summer. It's not actually a requirement that we have to do BMOQ before going to uni; the rule is that CAF members need to complete BMOQ (or at least do mod 1, in ROTP's case) in their FIRST summer after enrolling. That's why, at least out of the people I've talked to that also got Civvy-U offers, everyone's enrolling at the end of August (so our "first summer" isn't until 2023). Whether or not we're going to be doing both modules of BMOQ next summer, I don't know. I would guess we would be, since the RMC class of '25 missed mod 1 because of COVID and had to do both mods this summer to catch up. But as far as pay goes, we'll definitely be getting put on salary and have tuition reimbursed this year. The contract stipulates that all four years of education are to be subsidized.

As far as transferring goes, I hate to knock the wind out of your sails here if that was something that you were hoping to do, but it's not too likely that a transfer will be approved. I asked that exact question to my MCC. It's not the same as if you were to apply to ROTP for the first time while you were in your first year of civilian university, and planned on going to RMC for the remaining three years of your education (which happens all the time). Once you enroll on a civvy-u ROTP contract, the Forces has logistically planned for you to remain at civilian university for all four years. I'm not saying it's impossible. It's just difficult to pull off, because it requires a lot of work on the logistical side of things for the Forces. It's much, much easier for them to simply get you to finish your degree at Civvy-Uni, and give any new bed-space at RMC to the next incoming class.

I feel your pain though on how hard it is to get answers relating to Civvy-U ROTP. I've been told that almost all the questions I have will be answered closer to enrolling, when flights are given out, and you're set up to contact your ULO (Officer that takes care of your file personally while in ROTP). The problem is that it looks like they're only giving us about 2 days of time in between the time I (and the others I've talked to) enroll, and the time we fly out to our uni's. Not a ton of time to get everything sorted out. But it's the way it goes, I guess.
Hi there.
Yeah they told me RMC was full, and I had to go civvy-Uni, but turns out to be convenient for me as I got some transfer credits and I'll be doing 2 years instead of 4 to get my bachelor degree. It would've been nice going to RMC but i guess i just saved 2 years, not bad.

Regarding BMOQ, do you have any news? Like if we'll be doing both mod this summer or just 1? And are the dates already published?

from what I have been told, MOD 1 ends 05 Aug, so it would seem there may be some downtime in between. It remains to be seen if we go home or do something else.
The cadet wing returns on August 27 ( a week before academics kick-off), which is a week after FYOP commenced. meaning you would have to come to Kingston around the 20th. So yes most likely you will get to go home in between, at least I did last year.

The cadet wing returns on August 27 ( a week before academics kick-off), which is a week after FYOP commenced. meaning you would have to come to Kingston around the 20th. So yes most likely you will get to go home in between, at least I did last year.
Do you know when our BMOQ dates are? I heard May the 8th

Do you know when our BMOQ dates are? I heard May the 8th
I'm honestly not too sure it's different for everyone. I know civil university cadets who just completed their first years are doing Mod 1 and 2 starting May 20th. RMC 1st years going into 2nd year are scheduled to complete Mod 2 starting May 29. But if you are still in high school you will not be sent off to training until you are done with your school year and would complete only Mod 1 this summer starting sometime around July. Expect to receive your course loading information within the next few weeks.

I am also starting on May 8th (French BMOQ). Don’t know if they put me with with you guys (Civil university OCdt) but I’m a DEO candidate. (LOG O)

Back