• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP and civi university

2006AF

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been cleared to go to a civilian university under the ROTP program.  My problem is since I just found out yesterday May3/06, the deadline for applying to most universities with Chemical Engineering has gone by.  I have found a few that it is not too late yet, like the University of Ottawa.  There is also appeal process's one can take for extenuating circumstances as to why the deadline was missed. 
You may wonder why I did not apply sooner.  Well I did apply to one on the east coast that had a cheap application fee of $45 and I was not a successful applicant.  I did not want to get carried away applying to a lot of Universities like UBC with an application fee of $200 before I even knew if I would be accepted under the ROTP program.
So I waited, I did not think it would take this long but here I am on May4th wondering how I am going to get accepted into a university this late in the game.
If I can not get into one this year do i have to start the entire recruitment process over for the next year?

If anyone has any helpfull tips I would appreciate it.
Thanks

The requirement for ROTP/Civ U is that you have unconditional acceptance into a Canadian university in a study program that is compatible to your selected occupation before you can be enrolled.  Don't have that and you are reapplying next year and that is why we tell applicants to make sure that they apply to universities, lots of them. Perhaps that 200 dollars may have been well worth it especially when you compare it to the approximately 50,000 dollar scholarship that you may now lose.  Good luck.

HH

Back