• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Ah, spelling and grammar. If you want to be successful you should no these too things very good.

I see some future participants in the great debates surrounding: curly thinger on uniforms, what we call a service with boats, and flying pretty flags off of said boats.

And I don't give a fuck if I spelt anything wrong whilst typing this post.

Why couldn't I go to Recruti Camp? It sounds divine! Care Bear Stare to all of the mean instructors.

HUGS!

This will show that you are all incorrect in regards to "and", "while", "whilst", and "spelled".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R-7ZO4I1pI

So....Back to ROTP....Anybody hear anything yet???  ;D

Hey, at least it's on topic!!!  :P

Griffon said:
So....Back to ROTP....Anybody hear anything yet???  ;D

Hey, at least it's on topic!!!  :P

Looking at the thread from last year would lead me to believe that the calls should start Monday next week. Some areas in the western provinces didn't hear until a full month after the board sat.

KY-WPG said:
Looking at the thread from last year would lead me to believe that the calls should start Monday next week. Some areas in the western provinces didn't hear until a full month after the board sat.

I'm glad I'm in Ontario then! ahaha

Oh great, they'll probably forget about us hayseeds out in Saskatchewan until like June  ;)

I was poking fun at you Ringknocker and I was not trying to be pious either. Hey, those two statements have similar correlation, since they both involve grammar. The logic might not be there but I am not writing a thesis paper on, "How Poor Today's youth's Grammar is". However, this is a website and not a formal inquiry so I apologize if you mistook it for another other then a small little chirp. I was just stating the obvious and decided the throw a fun fact, keep things interesting  ::). English Teachers / Professors, dislike the use of a conjoining word at the beginning of a sentence, since the beginning of a sentence is the beginning of a new statement, that is why they made commas. Your right though, it is not the "Law of The Land" too not use a conjunction word after a period, it is just common practice.

Anyone know any numbers for the manpower for this fiscal year?

PrairieBoy said:
Oh great, they'll probably forget about us hayseeds out in Saskatchewan until like June  ;)

Hell they might even call you for a spot for last year!

Hello all,

I have been following/creeping this thread for quite some time now and finally decided to sign up, as I am too very anxiously awaiting "the news".

OneMissionataTime said:
Your You're right though, it is not the "Law of The Land" too to not use a conjunction word after a period, it is just common practice.

Sorry, I had to  ;D.

OneMissionataTime said:
I was poking fun at you Ringknocker and I was not trying to be pious either. Hey, those two statements have similar correlation, since they both involve grammar. The logic might not be there but I am not writing a thesis paper on, "How Poor Today's youth's Grammar is". However, this is a website and not a formal inquiry so I apologize if you mistook it for another other then a small little chirp. I was just stating the obvious and decided the throw a fun fact, keep things interesting  ::). English Teachers / Professors, dislike the use of a conjoining word at the beginning of a sentence, since the beginning of a sentence is the beginning of a new statement, that is why they made commas. Your right though, it is not the "Law of The Land" too not use a conjunction word after a period, it is just common practice.

Anyone know any numbers for the manpower for this fiscal year?

Everyone likes taking  a shot at the ringknocker, it's ok, I'm used to it. Just so you know, I was a high school English teacher before my current job :D Let's call it a truce, shall we?

Well I can put you all to shame, I used to be an astronaut.

So does anyone have an idea why the selection board, and our notifications are so much later than last year's intake?

I've heard a couple things. Such as new members on the selections committee, therefore things go a bit mixed up of sorts. However, I also heard that they are planning on finishing by Wednesday. I don't think anyone on this site would know for sure though. I'm sure we will start hearing in 2-3 weeks.

2-3 weeks?! .. I thought they had already finished the boards and we would be hearing this week or the next week.

It also depends where you live I guess. I'm from Vancouver. West Coast generally finds out a few weeks after people in Ontario.

As I mentioned in a previous post, based on last years thread the calls could very well start today.

I just wanted to toss out one last good luck to all and I hope a good number of us will have ear to ear smiles by lunch time.

Cheers,

:salute:

Back