• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve VS Reg Force Medical process

nc22b

Reaction score
Hello All !

I have applied to the PRes and began the process late June with a visit with the local reserve unit recruiter, paperwork, medical questionnaire, security clearance forms etc...I have received a letter requesting the details of my Lasik surgery which I had done 2 years ago. I went to my eye doctor to have them fill out the form and returned back to the requestor last week and am currently awaiting next steps.

I have been thinking about possibly switching my application over to the Regular Force and have contacted my local recruitment office who said it would be no problem but that the medical process for the Regular force is different from that of the PRes and so I would have to start the medical process over again.

I am mostly just curious as to what the process for the medical assessment is for the PRes? I have done a lot of research and have an idea of what I think the Regular force medical consists of but can't find anything clear regarding the PRes.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you!

Back