• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Res Infantry to Reg Infantry.....Any tips?

silentone

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I am a reserve private, out of school and looking to enlist for a full time career. I love the infantry and am looking for any tips or advice anyone else can give me. Here's my story.
I was interested around a year ago, and I was in school. So I joined my local reserve unit. I have had three men (all cpls) just transfer into their respective trades. One took six months (inf), the other a year and a half (Eng) and the last I am unsure of (Navy) for their transfers to go through. I am QL4 qualified and completed my enitre basic training this past summer. Now I am finished high school, still a reserve private and am hoping to go into the regforce as Infantry.
I have one big fear, BMQ; I don't want to do it again. I don't mind doing SQ and DP 1 over. If anyone has stories or additional information (I have read this site many times before posting this, and been to the recruiting site and office) that can benifit me, please let me know.

hows it going, alrighty i will try and help you out so mods can concentrate on more improtant things. First make sure you search or else you will get jumped  ;D . the search button is located on the top right of the screen and will answere basically all questions you can think of. I found this link for you because I'm so kind. This sounds like the same situation your in. now don't get me wrong I'm not even in yet, hopefully being sworn in next week. anyways I'm pretty sure it all depends total amount of training days but if you just got your BMQ in the summer I think your chances of by-pass are very very slim.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/19859.0.html

You will also find a section on Component Transfers in the Recruiting FAQ

http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103986.html#msg103986

If you completed at least 56 full time days as a reservist you may be considered for RSBP and in some cases you may be considered as skilled.  Good Luck.

ya you shouldent have to do BMQ. The way they calculate your time in the reserves is class B, day for day. So say you did your SQ and BIQ thats like 9 weeks. Then they take how many acual days you have in the army and divide that by 4. So youve been in a year or two? divide that by 4. Then if you have a over seas tour thats class c and you dont have any of that so dont worry. I hear they dont have to go through your unit anymore for the paperwork which will save alot of time cuz ppl are idiots. That is awsome that guy got in and only took 6 months. Ive been a year and a 3 months. Be prepared for alot of bull. You will forsure have to redo BIQ. Depending on your time in you wont have to redo SQ. Oh and make copies of all your course reports. They dident send my drv wheel or IPSWQ with my transfer and so I got a pretty shitty offer but hey, its what you can do for the army not what the army can do for you right?? Good luck. Oh and hound em, call every week, who cares if some clerk hates you by the end, you got in faster.

Back