• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Request for additional medical information

• Thread starter Thread starter LB
  • Start date Start date

LB

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,
I got a letter back a while ago from the medical office asking for "additional information" about a type of sleeping medication I take called Melatonin.  I had a sleeping problem back in high school and while I can control my sleep no problem (staying up for long periods or sleeping very little, waking up on time, etc, no worries) now, it was an issue in the past.  Now, when I went for my medical, I passed 'cept for the examiner wanting a note about the medicine.  I provided said note and thought it was all done, since my doctor stated that he considered me physically and psychologically fit for the military, but guess not.  My being asked to provide a more detailed note worries me somewhat, mainly because I won't be able to provide it till the 25th of April earliest, and my exams end on the 9th of May, meaning that I likely won't get in for an early basic even assuming I do get in at all.
Also, the letter from the medical office mentioned something about "medical limitations on duties are awarded if a medical condition would interfere with any of the above requirements," which is definitely not something I'm requesting.  In the return letter, should I make a point of stating that I'm not looking for any special treatment (God knows, I don't need it)?
Also, does the fact that the army sent this letter requesting more information mean that I have a chance to get in, and that my scores on the PT and written test make me worth the trouble (I'm fairly certain I did well on both, at the very least, I qualified for all the trades on the written)?  And if so, how much longer would I have to wait after sending in the medical information, and is there any chance that I'll get in for at least my BMQ and SQ this summer? (I think my recruiter said something about a course starting June 28th)

Sorry for the somewhat convoluted questioning, but this has me a bit worried, especially considering I did all the testing stuff and sent the initial doctor's note in back in the first week of March.  Any advice or confirmation would be appreciated

Not being able to get the information in sooner than later is not going to help your cause but if they make a decision in your favour then you might make it in time for the summer.

Back