• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replica Lee Enfield Rifles

Bergeron 971

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am inquiring as to the interest in Replica Lee Enfield Rifles for rifle drill. used for, corps flag parties and guards.
I choise the lee enfield cause it is a traditonal rifle used by cadets in canada.
Other modles are redaly avaible but not canadian rifles.

I am presently looking into having ABS style plastic rifle replica made. these rifles would be solid and unable to be modified to shoot anything but rubber bands.

thoughts, comments?

Bergeron 971 said:
These rifles would be solid and unable to be modified to shoot anything but rubber bands.

Try the armoury at NDP headquarters.  ;D

Why not just use real ones that are plugged?  Its much easier and more cost effective if we have the surplus.

they plug rilfes with lead, they are heavy enough for cadets at 15 years old only to add more weight.

As well, these rifles are harder and harder to come by. we have to borrow 3 rifles for one day a year and do the anual review with 2 hours of practice.
If the CC I work with is like this, I am sure that others are in the same boat, that if they are even able to get their hands of rifles.

NDP? New Democratic Party?

someone alread has a well made replica, working bolt,
http://www.aurorahistoryboutique.com/ahb.cfm?a=C000646

Haven't found the location of this store, yet.

Contrary to popular belief, there was one war where a french party was the victor.  Unfortunately as both sides in the french civil war were french - it doesn't help much.

If it is for drill, can you not get some of the rubber C7s?

Bergeron 971 said:
they plug rilfes with lead, they are heavy enough for cadets at 15 years old only to add more weight.

Time to bust another urban myth.

Barrels are NOT plugged with lead period. When rifles are de-activated, its for keeps. Major components are removed, and things are welded up, including key areas of the bore and chamber of the rifle.

Cheers,

Wes

Kyle Burrows said:
Contrary to popular belief, there was one war where a french party was the victor.  Unfortunately as both sides in the french civil war were french - it doesn't help much.

lol

Cadet Warrant-Mann said:
Did you buy them from the French army? ;D

You mean the French who provided troops and Mirage jet to A'stan? Or the ones who are holding the border in Lebanon? Or maybe the ones in Haiti? or did you mean the French who blew up the Su-25's in Ivory Coast? The same ones that have SSBN, Nuclear aircraft carrier, Nuclear weapons and 5th generation fighters? The very same who are a member of NATO and our good ally?  ::)

As for replica's, it would probably be more prudent to get de-activated LE's then to make decent looking reps

TCBF said:
If it is for drill, can you not get some of the rubber C7s?
Unfortunately, they are not permitted.  They look too much like a C7.

Bergeron 971 said:
As well, these rifles are harder and harder to come by. we have to borrow 3 rifles for one day a year and do the anual review with 2 hours of practice.
If the CC I work with is like this, I am sure that others are in the same boat, that if they are even able to get their hands of rifles.

Is there not an entitlement to drill-purpose rifles for cadet units?

Neill McKay said:
Is there not an entitlement to drill-purpose rifles for cadet units?

Detachments are starting to get dwindling stocks, and less are being replaced. As well, Sea Cadet corps seem to be the only one's that hold a numerous amount of DP and other rifles. We have to provide our DP rifles to the air and army cadets for Remembrance, as the only .22's they have are the one's used for non-air rifle zone competitions. I believe part of the problem is that the Air and  Army cadets parade out of the P Res barracks and don't have a lot of space to share, whereas we have our own building and do.

What the actual standard is, I don't know, but that's how it's handled in our neck of the woods.

well if you have the money, there is an Aussie company making new ones in .308 and Bubba'ed ones go for around $175. You could buy some, add new furniture to them.

There are still enough broken Enfields and parts around that your local gunsmith should be able to put together a few 'dewats' for you.

TCBF said:
There are still enough broken Enfields and parts around that your local gunsmith should be able to put together a few 'dewats' for you.

That would be the ideal situation, but it's entirely up to our Area Detachment what happens to them, and who works on them. We've had incidences where we've sent weapons to an external gunsmith for repairs to air rifles, as well as simply had air rifles exchanged. But for .22's, given that DND pretty much wants every corps based .22 removed, if we send our activated one's out...we don't get them back...and because the de-activated one's are DP's they go on a very low priority scale - and are serialized so we can't just mix and match anything but the most basic parts.

Welcome to Cadet Life ;)

I should have been more specific:  don't provide a real LE to be dewatted, ask a local gunsmith to build some up for you from busted LE's and part sets.  That way you don't acquire a firearm, you aquire an object.

TCBF said:
I should have been more specific:  don't provide a real LE to be dewatted, ask a local gunsmith to build some up for you from busted LE's and part sets.  That way you don't acquire a firearm, you aquire an object.

What do you think the cost would be on that?

Depends on where you live.  Call your local friendly gunshop and ask for advice.

Back