• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Renfrew Ontario 11 November 2021 Service

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
This does not fit in any where but hope maybe some one will see it and understand the thanks

I was asked to help set up the crosses and wreaths at the Cenotaph as the local veterans are aging and the Legion is getting smaller. So when I got the call from my former Platoon Commander to come help, it was yes Sir, booked the morning off work. My two sons came with me, one almost 11 and the other 9. We helped unpack the various boxes, set the crosses and wreaths around the Cenotaph. Then we went home had breakfast and came back for the service. At the exact minute for the moment of silence, in the distance you could hear the unique sound of a Chinook Helicopter flying . I had to look up and watch it fly over the service. To the pilots and crew of the helicopter, thank you for making the service more memorable, because there was no firing party, no 105mm from the 42nd FD, no honor guard around the cenotaph. A lot of serving members in uniform in the crowd. But the sound of the Helicopter breaking the sound of nothing was the high light of the morning for me. A low level flight, was all that was required to make me remember friends lost.

This does not fit in any where but hope maybe some one will see it and understand the thanks

I was asked to help set up the crosses and wreaths at the Cenotaph as the local veterans are aging and the Legion is getting smaller. So when I got the call from my former Platoon Commander to come help, it was yes Sir, booked the morning off work. My two sons came with me, one almost 11 and the other 9. We helped unpack the various boxes, set the crosses and wreaths around the Cenotaph. Then we went home had breakfast and came back for the service. At the exact minute for the moment of silence, in the distance you could hear the unique sound of a Chinook Helicopter flying . I had to look up and watch it fly over the service. To the pilots and crew of the helicopter, thank you for making the service more memorable, because there was no firing party, no 105mm from the 42nd FD, no honor guard around the cenotaph. A lot of serving members in uniform in the crowd. But the sound of the Helicopter breaking the sound of nothing was the high light of the morning for me. A low level flight, was all that was required to make me remember friends lost.
BZ 450 Sqn!

Lucky kids... ;)

Back