• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remusters and Spec pay

ditchpig041

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all. I have a question regarding service members remustering from Spec trades to another Spec trade.

My friend remustered out of a spec trade and entered another spec trade. Upon completion of his training period and OJT time, he was granted the Spec pay that goes with his trade (one of those airfoces tech ones... cant remember which it is but that isnt relevant to this post). When he recieved his spec pay, they bumped him down from being a Cpl level 4 to a Cpl level 2 with Spec 1.

This same thing happened to both of us when we were NWTs, when we completed our 5's we were bumped from LS 4 to baseline LS with spec. However, this was later revised and we paralelled to LS 4 with Spec 1.

Apparently there is a CANFORGEN that came out a little while back (could be a couple years for all I know) that states if you are a remuster, once you get Spec pay, you now go to LS / Cpl 2 instead of going across as a LS / Cpl 4...

Just wondering if anyone can hook me up with the CANFORGEN number so I can give him a reference, or on the other hand, provide a reference that goes against this policy so he can challenge it.

Cheers!

Back