• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reinjuring Low Back after getting a reassessment.

CplChris

Reaction score
Hey guys I was diagnosed with Mechanical Low Back Pain rated at 11% after the reassessment. Thats with no xrays or MRI. Then 4 years later during OP Podium the 2010 Olympic security operations I was deployed with 2 RCR at the RCMP Chilliwack base. We were doing PT and I herniated a disk bottom left low back area doing some barbell squats. Couldn't walk for 3 weeks. Basically on permanent med category until med release 3 years later for PTSD from TF 07 Afghanistan.

Anyway my back is worse now after recently moving to a new house my back and sciatica nerve pain were so bad I could stand or sleep for over 3 weeks. So I asked VAC for a reassessment for low back and I completed the package and finally got xrays. They show mild and moderate disk loss so finally some evidence of the injury/

Anyway 9 months later just got my decision letter and says No Change 11% stays 11%. Nowhere is there any mention of the second time I injured my back while I was deployed on a domestic operation. Not sure if a domestic operation is same rules and regulations of a overseas operation?

Anyway should I try to appeal to the BPA?

Back