• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reg Forces and Reserves on application form?

NDC

Inactive
Reaction score
I finally went to the recruitement center this week, and got most of the info I need. Lots of things to think about though before I do my application.

One question I had though, I noticed theres like "1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice" on the application form, and the guy told me they dont goto your 2nd choice until you are accepted/denied from your first choice, so thats good..

What I was wondering, Can you do like Reg Forces for your first choice, but if that doesnt work out, your 2nd choice being Reserves??

What I am thinking of doing, since if you remember my other post I want to be a Musician, but im not sure I would make it into the reg forces right now (theres only like a very select few slots available) and I think I'd prefer to do reserves for that for now.. but I am also really interested into Resource Management Clerk in the reg forces, since I would love to have that in my bag and the experience that comes along with it, and maybe I could try reg forces musician on my 2nd term in 5-6 years..

Is that possible?

(i heard RMC is a job which can be applied for at all times, even though its not open right this moment, it may open up anytime.. and I'll have to wait afew months anyways for my musician demo/audition, so I got time to wait)

Your application is either for Reg force or Reserves, there is no room for ambiguity on the application form.  The three choices you are offered are only trades (jobs).  Your choices could be #1 Musician and #2 Clerk and #3 could be Infantry!

This is what I tell candidates who ask me whether to join Reg or Res force.  If you want a full-time job, the reg force is the way to go.  If you are a student or already have a civilian career, Res force is the way to go.  Full-time job opportunities in the reserves are rapidly ceasing to exist.

If you want to earn a university degree you can ask your Recruiter about RMC or subsidized education.  The reserves allow you to go to the university of your choice and will refund 50% of your school bill.

It is 50% and subject to administrative conditions, I will call the CRFC this week to find out the exact details.

Eye In The Sky said:
It used to be $2000 per year for a max of 4 years/$8k.  Has it changed??

You are correct EITS it is up to $2000/year (could be less) for a maximum of 4 years.....

Back