• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: IR vs Restriced posting for service couple

SeaGully

Inactive
Reaction score
re-posting this here, maybe someone can help me out...

I am looking for information regarding Service couples and IR vs Restricted postings.
I have searched through pubs but am not fully understanding it. I would appreciate it if someone can explain it to me in laymen's terms.

Here is our scenario: we are a reg-force service couple (common-law) and are currently located in the same geographical area.
I have gone through a selection process in order to be posted to a new unit out of province most likely being posted in the next two months.
we can not be posted together as there are no positions for his trade inland. that's the reality of a hard sea trade....BOOO!
my intention is to move to the new unit without my spouse or HG&E until which time we can be reunited at my new posting (he still has to work and we would still be renting our apartment until June 2015) so we are talking about 10-12 months before he is able to move to my location.
I would live in the shacks till then.
My spouse is listed as my dependent. if he takes the route of VR (not finishing the contract) we understand that he wouldn't be entitled to a move himself, but because he is listed as my dependent would we still qualify for a move of DHG&E because of me?

would we qualify for IR or Restricted in this case? and when would I apply or request it? is there a form or is it a memo through COC?

hope this post makes sense..please help us know what our options are and if this plan is a viable option.
i thank you for your time.

SeaGully said:
re-posting this here, maybe someone can help me out...

I am looking for information regarding Service couples and IR vs Restricted postings.
I have searched through pubs but am not fully understanding it. I would appreciate it if someone can explain it to me in laymen's terms.

Here is our scenario: we are a reg-force service couple (common-law) and are currently located in the same geographical area.
I have gone through a selection process in order to be posted to a new unit out of province most likely being posted in the next two months.
we can not be posted together as there are no positions for his trade inland. that's the reality of a hard sea trade....BOOO!
my intention is to move to the new unit without my spouse or HG&E until which time we can be reunited at my new posting (he still has to work and we would still be renting our apartment until June 2015) so we are talking about 10-12 months before he is able to move to my location.
I would live in the shacks till then.
My spouse is listed as my dependent. if he takes the route of VR (not finishing the contract) we understand that he wouldn't be entitled to a move himself, but because he is listed as my dependent would we still qualify for a move of DHG&E because of me?

would we qualify for IR or Restricted in this case? and when would I apply or request it? is there a form or is it a memo through COC?

hope this post makes sense..please help us know what our options are and if this plan is a viable option.
i thank you for your time.

You already have the CL status established, so as part of an MSC, once you are posted, the IR "should" be automatic for you.  Now, the process should be automatic but they may very well have you fill out the forms.  I'm not entirely sure, just how this is working now as each Base/Wing manages the process differently.  But you will definitely be on IR, whilst he retains possession of the HG&E.

If the time should come, that your spouse requests a VR and this does happen, then you would be required to secure permanent accommodations at your location and once you find a place to live for your family, then you would only need to request the IR be terminated and the Restriction on your posting be lifted.  Once approved, this will generate the entitlement for a full blown cost move for your family to rejoin you.

Good luck and if you have "specific" questions, just PM me......

DAA,
thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question!
we appreciate it!

Back