• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rations while attach posted.

Corvin

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been told conflicting information about paying rations while you are attach posted.

I'm currently attached to PRETC (Borden) while awaiting training in Kingston.  I've been here a little while and on my last pay I got refunded rations for part of the time I've been here.  I talked to a pay clerk and she said that you do not pay rations while attached, but she couldn't come up with a doc with that info.  I know that there are a few people here that are attached that have been paying rations for a long time and if they are entitled to them back a doc/pam/cfao/cbi number would help.

Thanks.

A message came out in October or so about this. The deal is that members without dependants who are attached posted in Canada will no longer be subjected to ration charges, as of 1 Nov 05. This message was emailed to me, and I'll post it if I can find it.

I've attached the link to the message that you are talking about.  This is an entitlement now, if you are attach posted (single or married there is no difference) you are not required to pay for rations.

Be sure that you know your status, when you complete your BMQ you are normally posted to you next base to await training.  If you are attach posted from there then that is when this entitlement should begin.  During your attach posting only.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/dgcb/dcba/engraph/single_message_e.asp?sidesection=2&sidecat=7

sgtclerk said:
I've attached the link to the message that you are talking about.  This is an entitlement now, if you are attach posted (single or married there is no difference) you are not required to pay for rations.

Be sure that you know your status, when you complete your BMQ you are normally posted to you next base to await training.  If you are attach posted from there then that is when this entitlement should begin.  During your attach posting only.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/dgcb/dcba/engraph/single_message_e.asp?sidesection=2&sidecat=7

Thanks SgtClerk, that's exactly what I was looking for.  However, I heard another rumor that this entitlement has been revesed again so it's back to attached members paying rations.  Any updated info?

If it was revised or cancelled, the DGCB reference would carry the notation.
It's still up and running.

link above said:
2.    THESE CHANGES ARE EFFECTIVE 1 NOV 05 AND THUS NO RETROACTIVE AWARD OF FREE RATIONS IS TO BE EFFECTED

No retro payments - so your buddies should not expect a cash windfall.

Two single guys in my Sqn redressed this issue before the message came out (Sep 05) on the basis of discrimination of marital status. We were attached posted to CFRC St. Jean for 11 week course and the single guys got charged rats/quarters while us married slobs were not. They got all their money back before the message came out. The precedence is there to fight it from before Nov 05.

Back