• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question reguarding online application

hogarthmike

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings to all:

I would like to start by saying that this is my first post on the forum, and would also like to say that this site, plus all affiliate sites are amazing in re guards to the info that they provide to "want to be" CF members. I do thank all, and every one that contributes proactively to this site. That being said, a little background before the question.

I applied online back in July 2011. Was contacted via email by a recruiter and was given all the info I was needed to continue the application process. I finished all required material and mailed it away. I have been logging into the online site to check my status from time to time. All the parts of my application do say received, however the reference letters still say required. I called north bay in re guards to this and they told me my application was complete.

Now for a couple of questions to anyone who can answere them.
First, why would the letters still say required if my application is complete?
Second, if it is complete then would I not be able to do my CFAT and medical now, and then I would be ready for when my trade opens up? The trade I applied for was MP just for reference sake.

Any info or answers to these questions would and will be greatly appreciated. I do thank you in advance. I do apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum. I did do a search and this was the one that was found. Thank you.

Mike

Personally I didn't have to provide any reference letters; just references that they provide to the agency who does the actual calling.

For my own file, once it was complete at North Bay they then sent it by Purolator (slowly I might add as it took days) to CFRC Ottawa.  I called them a couple of times until I was put in contact with my file manager who set up a medical/interview date as my CFAT was completed a year ago at said CFRC.

Also, I don't believe they will send your file to the nearest CFRC until your trade is open and accepting applications.

I thank you very much for your quick response and that does answer a few of my concerns. In hind sight I should have done my application through my CFRC here in Hamilton. I think it would have made life a little easier (lol)
Thank you again and if anyone else has anyother info to add I would appreciate it.

hogarthmike said:
    I thank you very much for your quick response and that does answer a few of my concerns. In hind sight I should have done my application through my CFRC here in Hamilton. I think it would have made life a little easier (lol)
Thank you again and if anyone else has anyother info to add I would appreciate it.
The thing is, at least for the CFRC Ottawa, is that they wouldn't even let me apply since the trade I wanted wasn't open.  I applied online because they take all applications and hold them until the trade you want is open.  Then they forward it to your nearest CFRC. 

Back